Roger Moore has passed away at 89

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My wife's favorite Bond. I never really thought he fit Bond. I couldn't see the animal just below the surface that Ian Fleming wrote about.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Moore was often panned as Bond for his somewhat campy performances, but some of us enjoyed a less serious Bond with cute girls and fun gadgets. Liked him as Beau Maverick.

Reactions: Buster28

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Moore was Bond when I first started watching them with my dad. They showed the Sean Connery ones on tv all the time, so I knew them well also. But I related more to the Roger Moore films, as bad as some of them were. Moonraker is generally regarded as one of the worst, but it's always been my favorite in spite of zero chemistry between he and Lois Chiles, the cartoonishness return of Jaws, the whole obvious let's-jump-on-the-star-wars-bandwagon that was happening in the late 70s, etc. Octopussy was the Bond film I first saw in the theater. A View To A Kill was great (to me) because it was the summer I moved to the Bay Area just before I turned 16. I got to see it in San Francisco and listen to people giggle and whisper about locations that were used (and how the firetruck chase sequence was so unrealisic with them zigzagging all over the City in the span of a few minutes). Good times.

And let's not forget him in Cannonball Run. :cool:

L

LincolnWay187

Spy who loved me was easily one of the best bond movies..easily. What a bummer

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
anigif_enhanced-20113-1391015920-1.gif