What I know about the McNeil situation: part 2

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I'm OK with us losing DM as long as we don't lose Aniston.
View attachment 47970

As a bonus, here's Shakira playing basketball.

6a2a377f566814d8cbcf752ad3d9472c.jpg
I would probably get called for a TON of holding fouls.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

About what? I mean, if McNeil came out and said the staff cut off communications with him or didn't show him love or something like that, there's something to improve. Right now, it looks like there was stuff going on behind closed doors that our staff probably didn't know anything about and all of a sudden they're hit in the face with the release. I'm all for suggesting improvement but I just don't have a clue what they could have done here. Hell, it doesn't even sound like McNeil really even wanted to make this decision.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I liked McNeill as a recruit but seriously guys he's leaving because he is very replaceable and he knows the possibility of being over recruited is very possible as soon as next season. When we lose the Wiggintons I'll be worried.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
About what? I mean, if McNeil came out and said the staff cut off communications with him or didn't show him love or something like that, there's something to improve. Right now, it looks like there was stuff going on behind closed doors that our staff probably didn't know anything about and all of a sudden they're hit in the face with the release. I'm all for suggesting improvement but I just don't have a clue what they could have done here. Hell, it doesn't even sound like McNeil really even wanted to make this decision.

Just taking a guess here that we should have focused more on McNeill's mom.

• Funny
Reactions: Joel1

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I liked McNeill as a recruit but seriously guys he's leaving because he is very replaceable and he knows the possibility of being over recruited is very possible as soon as next season. When we lose the Wiggintons I'll be worried.

I think McNeil had the chance to be the best long term recruit in this class for ISU. I'm not alone on that one. The odds of him being recruited over, especially to the point where he's getting his minutes limited was very small IMO. Him leaving has nothing to do with ISU imo.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
It isn't because he thinks he isn't going to play

yes. more vague comments from "insiders".

we know nothing at this point. hell, maybe he wants to join the military for all we know. nothing is confirmed and so far we have 13 pages of nothing but rumors building upon rumors.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

we know nothing at this point. hell, maybe he wants to join the military for all we know. nothing is confirmed and so far we have 13 pages of nothing but rumors building upon rumors.

We know that he is leaving because of a connection between his AAU coach and the assistant coach at Cal.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016

Probably because people in Ames don't have the swagger he's looking for. :jimlad:

• Funny
Reactions: rholtgraves

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron