RECRUITING: Sterling Galban commits

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
*cough* Kam White *cough*

Something seemed off with the Kam White thing. Obviously, we lost him, but I think there was more going on behind the scenes. I know the staff wanted him, but wasn't terribly upset about losing him.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Something seemed off with the Kam White thing. Obviously, we lost him, but I think there was more going on behind the scenes. I know the staff wanted him, but wasn't terribly upset about losing him.

Probably because they knew they had a great chance at Keontae Jones.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Love us getting loaded up with speedy playmakers.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Just decommited. Not shocking.

Seemed like a kid who was addicted to the attention from recruiting

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
His tweet just said he's decommitting and reopening his commitment. Said ISU is still an option, but I'd be shocked if he ends up here
I can't even think of one instance where any recruit who decommited but still said they were "considering" the school actually ended up signing there. Pretty sure it's the equivalent of "we can still be friends".

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Until we have success on the field this will continue to happen. 6 wins this year would be a godsend

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I can't even think of one instance where any recruit who decommited but still said they were "considering" the school actually ended up signing there. Pretty sure it's the equivalent of "we can still be friends".
The only one that comes close is Donovan Jackson.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
What a joke. How do you go from "I'll be enrolling early in the fall and rooming with Re-al Mitchell" and openly be recruiting other players to come to ISU with them, then de-commit 2 weeks later.

Not to mention doing the whole podcast thing with Stansbury. Awkward.
Because we just recruited a similar type of player not long ago. I'm sure that had to have something to do with it.

Not to make excuses for not sticking to your commitment, but that slot receivers type position will have thick competition moving forward.

Reactions: isutrevman

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Are you referring to taye barber? Him and Henry being a package deal would be awesome. Not sure how likely that would be though.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Losing him sucks. He seemed to be recruiting for us hard. I wonder how Campbell & co take this news.
It may mean bad news for the Henry kid too.