Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FrostyMitchellMilitia

Jan 27, 2017
Chicago
I could go back one year if I wanted to take shots at KF. Bison, bowl games, etc. I'm saying him recruiting kids with character issues is no surprise
If I wanted to take shots at ISU football, I would write a book chronicling their successes every year from 1913 to present. And it wouldn't even be that hard....the book would probably only be about two or three pages - including the preface from the all-time wins leader Dan McCarney (with 56 wins).

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
If I wanted to take shots at ISU football, I would write a book chronicling their successes every year from 1913 to present. And it wouldn't even be that hard....the book would probably only be about two or three pages - including the preface from the all-time wins leader Dan McCarney (with 56 wins).

Writing a book about a rivals football team makes you seem worried

Reactions: CyTwins

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I get what you're saying because ISU's been so bad/marginal at best with football, but get back to anyone when anyone outside of the participating teams/schools can mention pretty much any Outland Trophy winner.

What about Doak Walker, Thorpe, Mackey or Groza Award winners?

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Williams was declared ineligible according to the clearinghouse. He then went to Purdue where he had legal troubles. No legal issues for the few weeks he was at Iowa but Cy Twins knows that.

Keep obsessing about Iowa. Not sure you can do anything else.

Sound the Sirens.

Look even one of those linky things Cy Twins.

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/kyle-williams-arrested

So KF recruited a guy that couldn't get eligible and then got arrested for rape? Whoa

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
Any suggestions for finding additional content? I could probably include the glory years of 1911 and 1912, but would that really get anyone excited? How many people are still alive, that even remember those great teams. Ughhh....back to the drawing board.

Maybe you could start by saying something original. We all know ISU isn't a powerhouse football team

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What about Doak Walker, Thorpe, Mackey or Groza Award winners?

Couldn't name any tbh.
Cue the response of something about how of course, because ISU never has a player up for them, which is true.

I literally don't know winners of any of them....not even sure I can name the last few Heisman winners...I think the kid from Louisville was in discussions last season.

Did Tim Tebow win one?

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Couldn't name any tbh.
Cue the response of something about how of course, because ISU never has a player up for them, which is true.

I literally don't know winners of any of them....not even sure I can name the last few Heisman winners...I think the kid from Louisville was in discussions last season.

Did Tim Tebow win one?

But I bet you can name the 5 finalists for the Cousy Award this past season since Monte was "robbed" of it.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Sounds like a guy Kirk would recruit
britney_predictable.gif

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
So, after 365 pages, has anyone convinced anyone else of believing anything different than what they thought before this thing was started? No? I'm just waiting to see if Frostydickheadmilitia can actually put two pages of anything together.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
So KF recruited a guy that couldn't get eligible and then got arrested for rape? Whoa

Who knew Cy Twins wouldn't read the link? Who knew? Nobody knew. I guess no one ever needs to give you a link ever again since you don't read them anyway. I am willing to bet it wont even slow you down from demanding them though.

Now Cy Twins can return to obsessing over Iowa and Hawk fans will poke fun at him for it

• Dislike
Reactions: CyTwins and Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who knew Cy Twins wouldn't read the link? Who knew? Nobody knew. I guess no one ever needs to give you a link ever again since you don't read them anyway. I am willing to bet it wont even slow you down from demanding them though.

Now Cy Twins can return to obsessing over Iowa and Hawk fans will poke fun at him for it

Kirk recruits some really questionable kids that's for sure

• Disagree
Reactions: MVCchamps

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But I bet you can name the 5 finalists for the Cousy Award this past season since Monte was "robbed" of it.

Actually I can't, and I have no idea who won it either. Nice flame job though.

I know his stats were up there, but what kind of idiot constantly uses stats and numbers to justify their reasoning for debates on what makes a player good, anyway?

I live out of state and discuss sports with plenty of major Big Ten Homers...I reference Robert Gallery when Iowa comes up as that's from a time when I knew a bit about Iowa football...they've never heard of him.