RECRUITING: Sterling Galban commits

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Sterling's times are similar to Kene's times in the 100. Gotta love his speed. His hands look great on film too.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
A general rule of thumb to get a ballpark idea of converting 4x100m split times to average individual 100m times is to add 2 seconds to the 4x100 time and divide by 4.
So 41.91 + 2 = 43.91
43.91/4 = 10.98 average
(And I'm assuming that 41.91 time was FAT. If it was hand timed, you are looking at avg 100m times of around 11.04)

Still pretty fast for a midwest HS team to have 4 sprinters run around 10.9-11.00.

But, 10.69 FAT is pretty fast for a HS athlete.
And Galban ran a 10.58 FAT in the sectionals...that is top 10 ever in Nebraska...not sure how that sits in Iowa. But yes...dang fast!

Reactions: Bryce7

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Sounds like dinger's track team was made up of four Mark Charters.

Hey look I bet I can throw a football over them mountains.
I'll bet you I can throw a football over every single mountain in central Nebraska. For the record, I was not one of the four that I so incorrectly claimed (and lost my last remaining nut for doing so) were faster than Mr. Galban. I doubt that was unclear but my back cant take any more dog piling at this point so let me just be sure.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Holy ****, enough with the dog pile. This site is ridiculous sometimes and unforgiving always.

Ok yes I was comparing 41.91 divided by 4 to 10.69. Yes 10.69 wouldve been on my HS 4x100 team.

MY ACTUAL POINT AND WHAT I SHOULDVE JUST SAID WAS...Im surprised that 10.69 (even out of the blocks in a 100m race) is worthy of 3rd place in Texas.

Comparing splits of a relay with the individual 100m event is dumb as ****. I guarantee he would have been the fastest leg on your relay team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sterling going to be stud..this staff identified him over a year ago when nobody else was looking at him..He now has a TCU offer. Of all the commits in this class I want him most. He's has big play speed and is a huge recruiter for this class..

I really love his videos. He runs great routes, good hands, great moves, and yes... he is FAST. I just hope we can hang on to him. I don't care how many stars he has, or even offers.... I know a good WR when I see one.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
For what it's worth he tweeted he ran a 10.38 at regionals...also TCU just offered...this one is far from done with him

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'm a big fan of track guys. Every HS football player these days has some inflated 40 yard dash time but nobody wants to get on the track and actually race. Usually because their egos are too big.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Yep far from over is right...what im worried about is TCU also offering Re al Mitchell..they are good friends and we are going to battling TCU for both these kids.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Yep far from over is right...what im worried about is TCU also offering Re al Mitchell..they are good friends and we are going to battling TCU for both these kids.

I'm sure it will be a battle, but IIRC Campbell held onto his early commits pretty well last year didn't he? The only big name that I remember playing us was Hafiz - and we know much more about that story now.

I really think this staff does go character first and for the most part these guys that commit fit. For us and them.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I'm sure it will be a battle, but IIRC Campbell held onto his early commits pretty well last year didn't he? The only big name that I remember playing us was Hafiz - and we know much more about that story now.

I really think this staff does go character first and for the most part these guys that commit fit. For us and them.

*cough* Kam White *cough*

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Both Galban and Mitchell seemed to be all in and they've both been very active recruiting other players to join them at Iowa State. Call me optimistic but this just doesn't seem like last years Kam White situation.