Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
8 receptions yesterday, I won't eat for a couple days. Every one smoked pork loin almost. Thanks for job security but variety would have been preferred. Son liked the one who had just snack food or 'hors d'veores

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Our dryer won't stop spinning unless you open the door and won't produce any heat. The service guy can't come until Thursday. We had family staying over Friday night and the son had a bunch of boys over Saturday for his birthday sleepover. We now have stuff hanging all over the house with fans blowing.

• Dislike
Reactions: cyrevkah and wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Our dryer won't stop spinning unless you open the door and won't produce any heat. The service guy can't come until Thursday. We had family staying over Friday night and the son had a bunch of boys over Saturday for his birthday sleepover. We now have stuff hanging all over the house with fans blowing.

Suns out, man, put up some old school clotheslines.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Try this site:

https://www.repairclinic.com/

I was able to fix our washer and dryer in an afternoon.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I sat by the absolute worst group of parents at my daughter's soccer game yesterday.

One guy could absolutely not go 1 minute without shouting something belligerent. OK, he's an idiot. I can shrug that off. One guy had a Go-Pro on his hat and acted like a complete douchecanoe, basically filling in the void whenever the first guy shut up long enough. One lady shouted "OFFSIDES" and/or "C'MON REF" nearly every other trip up the field. I'd wager to say that she was never right on anything she said all game long. Another guy went onto the field during the game, pointed a finger at the ref and said "You need to clean your damn glasses." I think he should have been tossed for that.

And, in case that wasn't enough, another dad actually yelled at the ref, "Why are you making her get off the field? You're ******* terrible!"

Reasons this is horrible:
1) The girls playing are nine and ten, use a language filter, ****
2) Not only are the players young, there are plenty of younger siblings literally within 10 feet of this piece of ****
3) The girl the ref was "kicking off the field" was hurt and had taken a knee, along with every other girl on the field. The ref was helping her to the bench.

I'm not above swearing from time to time, but I never do it in front of kids. And I have made it this far in life without punching someone, which is something I take a large amount of pride in. But these parents about pushed me past my breaking point. If they had made a comment directly to one of the girls on our team, I was likely going to do something stupid. As it was, I almost had to restrain one of the dads on our team from going over there and making a mess of things.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I sat by the absolute worst group of parents at my daughter's soccer game yesterday.

One guy could absolutely not go 1 minute without shouting something belligerent. OK, he's an idiot. I can shrug that off. One guy had a Go-Pro on his hat and acted like a complete douchecanoe, basically filling in the void whenever the first guy shut up long enough. One lady shouted "OFFSIDES" and/or "C'MON REF" nearly every other trip up the field. I'd wager to say that she was never right on anything she said all game long. Another guy went onto the field during the game, pointed a finger at the ref and said "You need to clean your damn glasses." I think he should have been tossed for that.

And, in case that wasn't enough, another dad actually yelled at the ref, "Why are you making her get off the field? You're ******* terrible!"

Reasons this is horrible:
1) The girls playing are nine and ten, use a language filter, ****
2) Not only are the players young, there are plenty of younger siblings literally within 10 feet of this piece of ****
3) The girl the ref was "kicking off the field" was hurt and had taken a knee, along with every other girl on the field. The ref was helping her to the bench.

I'm not above swearing from time to time, but I never do it in front of kids. And I have made it this far in life without punching someone, which is something I take a large amount of pride in. But these parents about pushed me past my breaking point. If they had made a comment directly to one of the girls on our team, I was likely going to do something stupid. As it was, I almost had to restrain one of the dads on our team from going over there and making a mess of things.
That's a lot of pretty bad parents in one place at one time.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I attempted to get MrsWx to do that in KS with no luck. My mom still hangs EVERYTHING outside to this day. That was always fun growing up on a busy corner.

Oh man...

One time, my mom, sister, and myself went for a weekend visit to my grandma's. My dad did laundry on the day we returned, and hung most of it on the clothesline. Whereas my mom would hang underwear with one clothespin by the waistband, my dad hung them by the crotch. :rolleyes:

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Just updated my Fedex Delivery manager. It asked to me to confirm my identity with 4 questions. One of the questions was: which of these 4 people are you associated with? I had no idea who any of them were. So I looked them up on Facebook. One of them graduated ISU in 96 and is mutual friends with 2 of my cousins. So I picked that one and it worked.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Just updated my Fedex Delivery manager. It asked to me to confirm my identity with 4 questions. One of the questions was: which of these 4 people are you associated with? I had no idea who any of them were. So I looked them up on Facebook. One of them graduated ISU in 96 and is mutual friends with 2 of my cousins. So I picked that one and it worked.

If you ever get arrested and the police have to research your known associates, it sounds like they are going to have their hands full.

Reactions: WooBadger18
Status
Not open for further replies.