WILLIAMS/BLUM SUMMER SERIES PODCAST: Taking topic ideas

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Take a few recent games in either sport where on paper ISU had no chance in hell or at least a big underdog yet won, and go through the timeline of the game and emotions during.

Also, discuss 5 athletic facility upgrades you would do rather fiscally possible or not.

Last edited:

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
Best individual game performances in ISU history. BB, FB, WBB, WR, etc or any weird ones Blum can come up with. A few you personally witnessed, then a few historical ones and the back stories behind them.

Also maybe biggest/best plays in ISU history. This one is a little harder to go in depth on, but fun for nostalgic purposes.

Reactions: Jameshayden22
L

LincolnWay187

I would love to hear interviews with Michalik or Loren Meyer, Dedric, Kelvin Kato, or other fan favorite players. That is the one thing I am missing from this site I would love to hear. How cool would it be to talk to Hornacek or Tinsley.

Reactions: kurimski

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Best ISU announcer stories on air and off.

ISUENGR

May 15, 2010
Ames, IA
Really enjoy the Off the Record podcasts. Would love to listen to one of those with Dan McCarney as the guest. It would be fascinating to hear how he took ISU from one of the worst football programs to a team that started going to bowl games and would routinely beat the hawks. It would let the listeners appreciate what he has done for this university. Then follow it up with interviewing Jamie Pollard. That man has done wonders as well for the athletics program. Love to hear about his business model that he used to make ISU athletics not only relevant but great.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Interviewing an OU and TX insider about what the future of league is..people may frown at this but in 4-5 years or less this is real or maybe opposite perspective maybe kstate and okie st insider..

Maybe this is 3-4 years from now but it's summer.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Best player of the Hoiberg era?
Royce, Ejim, Kane, Georges, Monte.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Predictions for the next 10 years of ISU football and basketball. (Who will the coaches be? What championships will we win, program relevancy, facilities changes)

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Discussion on winning the 3 recent big 12 tournaments. Each one had a unique feel.

Cloned

SuperFanatic T2
Oct 13, 2009
Something many of us can probably relate to, your favorite stories/memories from when you were students at ISU. Sports, non sports, whatever.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
The moment it ended, I wanted a book/oral history on the 2014-15 basketball season. I always assumed that it would never happen, but would love to hear your thoughts now. There are just so many little subplots, and what has happened since has really compounded my interest.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Ode to Jamie Pollard:

- Walk through the circumstances JP walked into after the BVD firing.

- Relive the "Master Plan" JP put out that included bowling in endzone, etc.

- JP's involvement during realignment.

- Finally, hypothetical discussion about ISU without JP today and going forward into the 2020 doomsday scenario.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Other suggestions are close to this, don't mean to be redundant.

For next 20 years or so , what is a realistic ceiling for success for Iowa State in highest-profile sports, on a sustainable basis? Winning % and postseason?

Not asking for outlier highs/lows, an average level.

(FB, MBB, WBB, volleyball probably apply).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron