Who would you say is the most loved Cyclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Hoiberg and Thompson are the only two options, they both are well known by multiple generations. Jack Trice is probably the most important Cyclone of all time but its more of a symbolic greatness, is he really loved? Hoiberg and the Roland Rocket are local guys who have personal relationships with the school that transcend athletics, once in a generation type of people. In a few years, Niang could be approaching that territory.

• Dislike
Reactions: Lineup

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Gary Thompson, because he has spent the last 50 years representing and supporting Iowa State with his time and his money. In his day he was a very good TV analyst, obviously a good player, and a good ambassador for Iowa State in a lot of areas.

Fred and Georges and the any of the future stars have a lot of work to do to match Gary, but I hope they get there by the time they are in their late 70's.

For me. this puts the Roland Rocket far ahead of the rest. He was also a big part of one of the greatest wins in Iowa State history.

Reactions: Lineup

JarLar

Mar 6, 2016
Ames
Waldo Wegner. Easily. (Personally, my favorite Cyclone in history that I've personally gotten to know very well is Zaid Abdul-Aziz)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I tried something with Solomon Young here but it's too late.

Hoiberg's hard to pass up--killed it his first time through, then came back to show he could add more.

First football memory is Blaze Bryant so I'll go with that.

Reactions: Macloney

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Duh Chris Williams of course

Athletes I got Niang at 1, Seneca at 2, Morris at 3, Fizer at 4

Taylor/Walters are too close to call for me

Help Support Us

Become a patron