Iowa State Listed as a Finalist for Princeton Grad Transfer Hans Brase

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Is this what you're looking for?

ldGb0.gif
Mike Geisell? :)

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Two months ago would you have taken the NIT for next year? The answer to that question is largely the driver of how one views this spring.

If that's the best we can get so be it, but two months ago I definitely would have rolled the dice rather than take that foursome, knowing the floor isn't far off. Perhaps I have too much confidence in the staff.

I'm going to go ahead wait 10 months until I "take the NIT". Your confidence in the staff must not include their ability to actually coach during the season and have our team play well in the games.

If we get two serviceable bigs for 2017 and then have Shayok and potentially Morrow coming in for 2018, I'm calling that a win.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I'm going to go ahead wait 10 months until I "take the NIT". Your confidence in the staff must not include their ability to actually coach during the season and have our team play well in the games.

If we get two serviceable bigs for 2017 and then have Shayok and potentially Morrow coming in for 2018, I'm calling that a win.
Lol, yet you would have taken guys like Brase and Beverly in early March? Your lack of confidence in the staff to recruit was just.

It's always about the Joes. Kruger is a great coach with a better roster than we'll have next year, and we saw what OU did last year.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Lol, yet you would have taken guys like Brase and Beverly in early March? Your lack of confidence in the staff to recruit was just.

It's always about the Joes. Kruger is a great coach with a better roster than we'll have next year, and we saw what OU did last year.

Shayok is going to be solid contributor in 2018 and Morrow was always one of my favorites, so those two would be excellent gets. Brase and Beverly aren't big names, but they'd be serviceable next year. The staff just signed the best freshman recruiting class in ISU history too, so there's that too.

Stating ISU will miss the NCAA as a fact 10 months before selection sunday is amusing to me. So Lol back at you.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth

Have you always gotten your first choice in life.....it happens.

I do not know what your crusade is, but it is quite revisionist history to only use transfer recruiting as the only metric for this staff's ability to identify, recruit, and develop talent. Simply, the transfer recruiting landscape has changed a lot (i.e. more competition) since the Hoiberg era. And let's face it, maybe ISU/Ames is not the program/destination that some fans believe it is.

If we land Morrow, does your opinion of Prohm's transfer recruiting change? If not, what will change your mind? I would seriously love to know.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
Sure we missed on a few transfers but we still have one of our greatest classes ever coming in. On 1460 radio today it was commented that Campbell has made offers to over 300 kids and we can only take 15 so will miss on 285. I hope you all aren't going to base next years football class on the 285 that turn us down?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Shayok is going to be solid contributor in 2018 and Morrow was always one of my favorites, so those two would be excellent gets. Brase and Beverly aren't big names, but they'd be serviceable next year. The staff just signed the best freshman recruiting class in ISU history too, so there's that too.

Stating ISU will miss the NCAA as a fact 10 months before selection sunday is amusing to me. So Lol back at you.
Now you're just being silly.

Sorry, but Shayok and Morrow aren't making a difference next year and the question, if you recall, was about 2017-18.

It's very telling you jumped to 2018-19 and had to fabricate something that was never said or alluded to. Asking if back in March you would have taken the NIT for next year and pointing to the struggles of OU isn't claiming anything as fact. JFC.

Feel free to play the anything can happen card though. It's the white flag of team Kool-aid.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
1.) it is quite revisionist history to only use transfer recruiting as the only metric for this staff's ability to identify, recruit, and develop talent.

2.) If we land Morrow, does your opinion of Prohm's transfer recruiting change? If not, what will change your mind? I would seriously love to know.
1.) Now here is a great example of revisionism. I've never posted or hinted at that. In fact, I've stated several times that spring recruiting is far different than conventional recruiting, which is why we may struggle at the former. Spring recruiting isn't about identifying talent or recruiting with sheer effort. Identifying, loyalty, and honesty don't go as far in the Tinder of recruiting.

2.) No really. I don't think that lowly of Prohm or that highly of Morrow.

• Useful
Reactions: EarthIsMan

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Have you always gotten your first choice in life.....it happens.

I do not know what your crusade is, but it is quite revisionist history to only use transfer recruiting as the only metric for this staff's ability to identify, recruit, and develop talent. Simply, the transfer recruiting landscape has changed a lot (i.e. more competition) since the Hoiberg era. And let's face it, maybe ISU/Ames is not the program/destination that some fans believe it is.

If we land Morrow, does your opinion of Prohm's transfer recruiting change? If not, what will change your mind? I would seriously love to know.

The calling card of the perpetually negative, striking at any sign of adversity.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The calling card of the perpetually negative, striking at any sign of adversity.
Stick to your anything can happen drivel, that's more factual.

Thinking next year needed impact transfers to have a good chance at that tournament isn't perpetually negative, although our lack of success in doing so will manifest in more bearish posting at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: CY88CE11

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Oklahoma didn't have a better roster last year than we'll have this year. No PG and their best player was hurt on and off

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Oklahoma didn't have a better roster last year than we'll have this year. No PG and their best player was hurt on and off
Sure, go with that. But it's close enough that to not take away from the point that even a coach like Kruger can be undermined from being out-manned. Where do you think our roster will rank in the Big 12 next year? Again, thinking next year doesn't have good odds at the tournament isn't an attack on the staff's coaching, which is what prompted the Kruger example.

• Useful
Reactions: CY88CE11

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Now you're just being silly.

Sorry, but Shayok and Morrow aren't making a difference next year and the question, if you recall, was about 2017-18.

It's very telling you jumped to 2018-19 and had to fabricate something that was never said or alluded to. Asking if back in March you would have taken the NIT for next year and pointing to the struggles of OU isn't claiming anything as fact. JFC.

Feel free to play the anything can happen card though. It's the white flag of team Kool-aid.

I'm excited about our team in 2017 and 2018, you're the one that felt the need to start an argument where you said we're an NIT team next year. To answer you're continued stupid sky is falling mentality: 1. I'm not that worried about it if ISU misses the NCAA in 2017. And 2. We have 10 months to go, so I'm not going to go on a message board and be a douche about it. So yes, sign up Hans and the other guys we're talking about, I'll be excited about it.

Shayok and Morrow together with the young players on our roster absolutely make this team's expectations the NCAA tourney in 2018. You continue to do you though.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sure, go with that. But it's close enough that to not take away from the point that even a coach like Kruger can be undermined from being out-manned. Where do you think our roster will rank in the Big 12 next year? Again, thinking next year doesn't have good odds at the tournament isn't an attack on the staff's coaching, which is what prompted the Kruger example.

You think we're going to win 11 games next year?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I'm excited about our team in 2017 and 2018, you're the one that felt the need to start an argument where you said we're an NIT team next year. To answer you're continued stupid sky is falling mentality: 1. I'm not that worried about it if ISU misses the NCAA in 2017. And 2. We have 10 months to go, so I'm not going to go on a message board and be a douche about it. So yes, sign up Hans and the other guys we're talking about, I'll be excited about it.

Shayok and Morrow together with the young players on our roster absolutely make this team's expectations the NCAA tourney in 2018. You continue to do you though.
Where did I say we're an NIT team? I've only said the odds aren't good. That should appease your "anything can happen" stupidity.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Where did I say we're an NIT team? I've only said the odds aren't good. That should appease your "anything can happen" stupidity.

Two months ago would you have taken the NIT for next year? The answer to that question is largely the driver of how one views this spring.

If that's the best we can get so be it, but two months ago I definitely would have rolled the dice rather than take that foursome, knowing the floor isn't far off. Perhaps I have too much confidence in the staff.