RECRUITING: Players Iowa State is involved with during the spring cycle

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
You leave the other five open, but mine the most detailed of any thread created about the topic gets deleted. Makes sense.

I don't keep track of the threads I've gotten closed. I know that you have been butt hurt arguing with me before and banned me for basically nothing a couple of times though. So there's that.

Somebody's feelings are hurt.

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
Any news on Shayok after his visit to Liberty? Should we expect him to schedule more vists, or is he done now?

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Dude, it was on the exact same topic as this thread, which had already been created and pinned by one of CF's staff writers. It wasn't even a gargantuan, unmanageable thread either. Only 3 pages long at the time you posted your copycat thread.

I'm note sure what exactly you're whining about anyway. You put up a thread every year on additions and subtractions of the conference. It's is a great one and it's awesome to see it every year. Which threads of yours get closed?

Speaking from experience, it's nice to have your own thread with the OP you can edit and update for people to reference. CF contributors are notorious for starting threads with plans to keep them up to date. Never happens. Look at the football forums. Jared's '17 recruiting thread was made June 14th '16. Last edit June 29th '16. CW's Spring running coverage thread made March 6th, last post March 7th.

Also, not sure of your mod powers, but I could really use a 3rd post for my '18 fb target thread if someone can insert one. Fb staff loves offering.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Dude, it was on the exact same topic as this thread, which had already been created and pinned by one of CF's staff writers. It wasn't even a gargantuan, unmanageable thread either. Only 3 pages long at the time you posted your copycat thread.

I'm note sure what exactly you're whining about anyway. You put up a thread every year on additions and subtractions of the conference. It's is a great one and it's awesome to see it every year. Which threads of yours get closed?
Definitely disagree with this. I highly value @nallen34 's updated threads. I think you abused your power on this one. We don't want to scare away one of our best members.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Definitely disagree with this. I highly value @nallen34 's updated threads. I think you abused your power on this one. We don't want to scare away one of our best members.
Sorry you disagree. Nallen's thread was merged and not deleted because it contained good information. So, it was added to the pinned thread. It will never fall off the front page of the men's basketball forum. Easy for readers to find. You'd think Nallen would be happy about that.

I'm happy to discuss this further via PM, if anyone wishes. But let's not dilute this thread any more than we already have.

Last edited:

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Speaking from experience, it's nice to have your own thread with the OP you can edit and update for people to reference. CF contributors are notorious for starting threads with plans to keep them up to date. Never happens. Look at the football forums. Jared's '17 recruiting thread was made June 14th '16. Last edit June 29th '16. CW's Spring running coverage thread made March 6th, last post March 7th.

Also, not sure of your mod powers, but I could really use a 3rd post for my '18 fb target thread if someone can insert one. Fb staff loves offering.

I currently hold that 3rd post and would gladly give it up if a mod can transfer the "rights" over to you

Also, sorry to further derail this thread.

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
Use all methods to verify ISU targets. Kudos.

@Cade4ISU Via snapchat it looks like Iowa State has staff visiting with Wright State grad transfer Mark Alstork. Was excited about the Sweet 16 ring.

Really hoping for a visit, looks like he's got a visit set up for Pitt on May 5th, so maybe he's not really looking to take his visits with classes in session. Also probably waiting for that whole Michigan scholarship situation to shake out as they're said to be one of the early favs

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Really hoping for a visit, looks like he's got a visit set up for Pitt on May 5th, so maybe he's not really looking to take his visits with classes in session. Also probably waiting for that whole Michigan scholarship situation to shake out as they're said to be one of the early favs
Isn't he still looking at the draft, too? That would push visits back.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

To that point.

@GoodmanESPN Pittsburgh meeting with Wright State grad transfer Mark Alstork (19 ppg) today. He has visit to Pitt set for May 5.
Really like the potential of Alstork but it's going to be competitive market.

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
Isn't he still looking at the draft, too? That would push visits back.

Ya, he is. But the number of in homes he's taking makes me think he's probably leaning to staying in school for another year, of course that could change in a heartbeat if he hears what he wants from the scouts.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron