RECRUITING: Iowa State a transfer possibility for Waukee native Michael Jacobson?

swessball

Mar 23, 2016
I'd love to have him as I think he could provide some quality depth coming off the bench, but it sounds like he's started every game for Neb. for the past year and a half. That's a tough sell for someone who only has two years of eligibility left.

He'd probably be more interested in going somewhere where he could start after sitting out for a year.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
We could use a player like him. Not everyone can be a 12 and 8 guy. Nothing wrong with bringing a guy like him off the bench to bring some energy, play some defense, and rebound.
I don't necessarily disagree, but looking at the current roster, I think we have two players already who fill that role. (Lard and Kasongo). This current roster has a lot of unknowns. I don't think our roster right now has many go to options at that position. It would be nice to fill that before adding another role player. Just my opinion though!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We could use a player like him. Not everyone can be a 12 and 8 guy. Nothing wrong with bringing a guy like him off the bench to bring some energy, play some defense, and rebound.

My impression of him from watching a couple games is Baer with a little more talent (that's a compliment by the way). He gets after it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
CSP will get him if we need him. I hear from birdies he knows how to recruit.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If we get Juiston, then either Morrow or Jacobsen would be okay imo. I'm okay with Jacobsen....agree he could add to our team in various ways.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If we get Juiston, then either Morrow or Jacobsen would be okay imo. I'm okay with Jacobsen....agree he could add to our team in various ways.
His 6'9" height along with an off season in the weight room and gym could do wonders for our 2018-2019 outlook.

Junior Young
Soph Lard
Junior Jacobson
Senior Juiston (?)

When is the last time we had four good bigs on one team?

• Optimistic
Reactions: FinalFourCy

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I don't necessarily disagree, but looking at the current roster, I think we have two players already who fill that role. (Lard and Kasongo). This current roster has a lot of unknowns. I don't think our roster right now has many go to options at that position. It would be nice to fill that before adding another role player. Just my opinion though!

Jacobson would be an upgrade over Kasongo. You are 100% correct that we have a lot of unknowns on the roster. The "hope" is that Lard becomes an eventual starter and IF you do sign Jacobson you never have to start him. He'd be a nice 15 minute off the bench guy.

I'm not saying we have to get Jacobson, but he'd be a better get than Kasongo or Holden were. He's at least produced at a P5 level.

Last edited:

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Kasongo hasn't even had an opportunity to step on the court yet and this site has deemed him a waste of a scholarship. Not saying he is going to be one way or the other, but maybe it would be a better look to drop the groupthink for two seconds and give the kid an actual chance before you jump all over him.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Kasongo hasn't even had an opportunity to step on the court yet and this site has deemed him a waste of a scholarship. Not saying he is going to be one way or the other, but maybe it would be a better look to drop the groupthink for two seconds and give the kid an actual chance before you jump all over him.

He averaged 1.4 ppg 1.5 rpg and 1.2 fouls in 5.5 min per game at Tennessee, ISU is his 5th school in as many years and multiple media members have said to expect next to nothing in terms of production. Yeah, I hope he does well at ISU but there's a lot of Info to suggest he won't be much of a contributor.