****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
@coreyevans_10: Iowa State is expected in today for 2017 Hutchinson Junior College forward Shakur Juiston

We back. At this point it's pretty obvious Juiston is our #1 priority left in the 2017 class.
We're just playing a chess match with Bill right now with Lake and Juiston. But Juiston is my #1 WANT right now, for sure.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
He sucked, or he didn't play?

KU may want a guy like Juiston, we need one

Yeah Appleton was really good in Juco. Many non blue bloods were after him. KU jumped in and took him and he basically hardly ever saw the court and never lived up to the hype. Kind of a Chris Colvin type player.

• Informative
Reactions: Messi

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
To echo someone before me...that's exactly how young Matt Thomas looked.

Which is why I said, "next success story". (Although not sure we can compare cuz Matt came in as a top 100 kid and a pure shooter)

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
To echo someone before me...that's exactly how young Matt Thomas looked.
Yep, he just needs to get in the gym and get shots up, gain confidence.

Side topic: Pretty crazy to think that Babb and Jackson will be the guys leading the off season and workouts. John and Eric mentioned it in the post game on Tuesday, guys like George, Matt, Monte, and Naz have been gym rats, and worked their ass off.

Hopefully Babb and Jackson have picked up on the work ethic it takes to be NCAA contenders every year.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Yep, he just needs to get in the gym and get shots up, gain confidence.

Side topic: Pretty crazy to think that Babb and Jackson will be the guys leading the off season and workouts. John and Eric mentioned it in the post game on Tuesday, guys like George, Matt, Monte, and Naz have been gym rats, and worked their ass off.

Hopefully Babb and Jackson have picked up on the work ethic it takes to be NCAA contenders every year.
I remember hearing that Solomon has a good work ethic. And it will be going in to get extra practice with things like rebounding, not just shooting.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I know all these guys are listed as forwards but in our system would I be correct in categorizing

Lard, Kasongo and Lake as fives w/ Young and
Juiston (who could play some 3), Yetna and Thompson as stretch fours?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
@coreyevans_10: Iowa State is expected in today for 2017 Hutchinson Junior College forward Shakur Juiston

We back. At this point it's pretty obvious Juiston is our #1 priority left in the 2017 class.[/QUOTE

This must be 3 times in last 3 weeks or so. Guess if we don't get him, it won't be be because of our lack of making him feeling wanted. Fingers crossed

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Yep, Ivan Aurrecoechea.

IIRC he had 4 games with 20+ rebounds and 6 or 7 games with 15+. Too bad he doesn't have the typical Euro range and moves.

Does he have 1 more year at IHCC? I know if you're an NCAA qualifier out of HS you only need 1 year at JUCO but those foreign kids are always unique.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Does he have 1 more year at IHCC? I know if you're an NCAA qualifier out of HS you only need 1 year at JUCO but those foreign kids are always unique.
Great question. I think it's possible he's a qualifier as he's from the same place as Brodziansky at TCU and he only needed one year at a Kansas Juco. He was also a teammate of Joshua Tomaic a redshirting freshman who Maryland "stole" in June. I think that big man Maryland has (and we played against in Kansas City) is also from the the same academy.

Juco recruiting is a unique skill. He's done very well in the last half of the season. A google search shows he looked good in some of the summer tournaments as a prep.

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
IWCC lost and their season is over. Lake finished with 4 pts and 7 rebs.

Indian Hills has a 6'8" freshman forward from Spain that's probably played himself into some high major looks while he has filled in for an injured Ernst. He had 20 and 13 last night.

4pts and 7 rebounds? Seems kinda similar to what we already have on our roster.....

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron