*Official signees stats thread*

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
We get the jucos most of us want and I'd almost be willing to bet on a 7th straight NCAA birth.

I wouldn't bet on it myself. Look at OU this year. They lost a lot, but they returned Woodard, Lattin and James and brought in a Top 50 recruit in McGusty and a Top 150 in Doolittle, as well as Strong. Losing Woodard really hurt, but on the other hand, ISU won't be returning anybody as experienced as Woodard. I think they're a good comparison.

A lot depends on schedule and how strong the B12 is, but I'd bet on us being somewhere in that 50-70 range nationally unless they bring in an impact grad transfer.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't get the NCAA talk, although we are spoiled now in that regard. Which is cool. But Wigginton(even if as great as expected) , Babb, Lewis, Donovan(somewhat as a starter), Young,and whomever plays the 4 or 5 are still relatively inexperienced when it comes to big12 play. I think an NIT bid would be the ceiling.

We are losing five seniors in our top rotation of 8 players. Guessing here, but I would imagine over 80% of our scoring!!! Think about how talented OU is (and yes, they have talent) but to do damage this year with so much inexperience was hard for Kruger to do, and he's a dang good coach.

Look, I love what Prohm has done with our defensive improvement. And I hope to heck we can have improved rebounding next year. But to expect an NCAA spot on the bubble seems overly optimistic, imo. Of course, we'll all be cheering our heads off every game with that hope.

I think it's silly to predict anything until recruiting is done and they've been on the court together.

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Even after recruiting is completed, I don't think you could reasonably judge the ceiling of team since the majority of it depends on fit and development. That said, one could make an argument that the FLOOR is lower than recent years due to inexperience.

• Optimistic
Reactions: jsb

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
This staff has shown that it can develop players. I predict a fall full of up and downs (and trolls and meltdowns) followed by rapidly improving conference play. One thing for sure is that the inbound players are very talented...how fast they step up is key.

• Agree
Reactions: IP Guy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It really is difficult to predict exactly how next years team will end up. Texas was predicted to finish 3rd in the league by the coaches due to talent and obviously didn't meet those expectations. Meanwhile OSU TCU and TT all hired new coaches integrated a system and were are in or on the bubble most of the year.

I like the fact a number of younger players have been earning more minutes as the season progressed. Jackson, Young, and Weller-Babb have flashed in limited minutes no reason to think they won't improve with a summer and larger roles. As posters have mentioned there will be additions to the roster after the season.

We have been here before specially after the Clyburn and Babb's NCAA Tourney Team. That year Fred had Niang and Naz returning and a lot of unkowns to integrate including talented freshman (Morris, Thomas) late grad transfer (Kane) and JuCo (Hogue). Many predicting no NCAA tourney going into the season that year too.

I am not saying we should expect that type of success as Prohm is a different coach but I don't want to dismiss another tourney team as unlikely either. Next years team will talent.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Where can we find Terrance's stats? Can't hardly believe 57% from 3. How many attempts?

He's been putting up big scoring numbers and he has a good reputation for 3 point shooting so it's probably on high volume.

No idea if it's an accurate number but he's not the type that would only be 6-11 on the year or whatever.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
IMO there is reason for optimism for ISU making the NCAA's next season. A really good team only needs 3 high level players and 4-5 role/developmental players.

We lose our 4 best players- so that is a huge hole to fill and a lot of leadership gone. The nice thing is Jackson, Weiler-Babb and Young should return. IMO Jackson can be a high level kid- I look for him to score 12-15ppg next year and be a tough defender. I also see Wigginton as consistent scorer at 10-12ppg- the key is for him to fit in and be efficient on offense. Prohm just needs to hit a home run on 1 recruit this spring. I have no doubt that Young and Babb will be solid role players. The wildcards are Lard and Lewis. If they can be consistent 8-10ppg/5rpg guys we should be in good shape.

Other teams have big holes to fill as well:
KU- Mason, Lucas, Jackson
Baylor-Motley?, Wainright
WVU- Meyers, Phiilips, Adrians, Carter?
OSU- Evans?, Forte,, Hammonds

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

cyclone19702

Sep 4, 2015
Over the last 5-6 years we have won around 90% of our games at Hilton. You would assume we will win near or a bit less than that percent next year. If we can win a few games on the road next year we are a bubble team.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
IMO there is reason for optimism for ISU making the NCAA's next season. A really good team only needs 3 high level players and 4-5 role/developmental players.

We lose our 4 best players- so that is a huge hole to fill and a lot of leadership gone. The nice thing is Jackson, Weiler-Babb and Young should return. IMO Jackson can be a high level kid- I look for him to score 12-15ppg next year and be a tough defender. I also see Wigginton as consistent scorer at 10-12ppg- the key is for him to fit in and be efficient on offense. Prohm just needs to hit a home run on 1 recruit this spring. I have no doubt that Young and Babb will be solid role players. The wildcards are Lard and Lewis. If they can be consistent 8-10ppg/5rpg guys we should be in good shape.

Other teams have big holes to fill as well:
KU- Mason, Lucas, Jackson
Baylor-Motley?, Wainright
WVU- Meyers, Phiilips, Adrians, Carter?
OSU- Evans?, Forte,, Hammonds

I like your thinking...except, for that home run recruit yet this spring. Those are usually already taken. Unless, we get lucky on a big time grad transfer, but thats hard to do since all the blue bloods get them now, too.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Over the last 5-6 years we have won around 90% of our games at Hilton. You would assume we will win near or a bit less than that percent next year. If we can win a few games on the road next year we are a bubble team.

This is exactly why I'm holding onto at least an NIT bid next year. Defend Hilton and it gives you a chance

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Not sure the juco pieces that we are recruiting can carry us that high, but nothing wrong with having optimism. I just think a lot of the big12. TCU, Tech, OU, and Texas all better next year. We will be picked 10th preseason next year by the coaches would be my guess.
We won't be much worse than Iowa was this year and they have a shot at the tourney. It's not that hard to get in anymore with 68 teams. I'd put it at 40/60 we make it next year. Hilton wins us games.

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
http://www.wissports.net/roster_players/13783110?subseason=328651
Have to scroll to the bottom and click scoring. Might be an issue with the 3 pt. stats.
Looks like he had a heck of a night yesterday:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ilwaukee-riverside-over-racine-case/98589492/
Shows 57 of 94 on threes for 60%. That is great if correct. Had no idea he was that good of a shooter. Now if I only new the other two signees stats. Didn't think Lindell was shooting a high 3 pointer percentage early on.

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
http://www.wissports.net/roster_players/13783110?subseason=328651
Have to scroll to the bottom and click scoring. Might be an issue with the 3 pt. stats.
Looks like he had a heck of a night yesterday:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ilwaukee-riverside-over-racine-case/98589492/
Shows 57 of 94 on threes for 60%. That is great if correct. Had no idea he was that good of a shooter. Now if I only new the other two signees stats. Didn't think Lindell was shooting a high 3 pointer percentage early on.