*** Official #24 IOWA STATE VS #10 West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I like what we saw if Babb tonight. Imo that's just a glimpse of what he can be. It's one of the few things I'm disappointed in this year. Had we been able to get him going more he'd really add an element to this team.

• Agree
Reactions: danderson84

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
2 good teams played tonight. 1 team played well the other didn't. There were some unbalanced calls which skewed the total outcome. The way WVU was playing ISU could have played well and still could have lost a close one.

We played fine, we were down 3 I believe when the refs decided to call 3 in a row because we breathed on them. Then at the other end Babb gets molested, Prohm gets T'd up, game, set, match.

No shame in losing over there when we have to play the officials also.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
If ISU is more patient on offense and some of those shots fall, we're maybe looking at a 1-2 possession game late.

ISU would need to be allowed to be physical on defense, too. That didn't happen.
Yes. I'm sure Prohm is going to point out that we really didn't run an offense. This offense didn't resemble anything what they did against teams like Baylor. I'm sure what WVU made it difficult to run whay we wanted but it seemed we were easily taken out of it too.

The game definitely wasn't called both ways which probably added to the players frustration. I'm not holding my breath for an apology letter.

• Dislike
Reactions: Ozclone

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
We played fine, we were down 3 I believe when the refs decided to call 3 in a row because we breathed on them. Then at the other end Babb gets molested, Prohm gets T'd up, game, set, match.

They are a good team that played well. Winning there was going to be difficult even if we played well ourselves. But by no stretch of the imagination can you say we played well.

MntneerLegion

Dec 16, 2011
No, classy is coming onto the other team's board to gloat. That there is classy stuff.

I'll tell you what, if you can find a single post of mine in the 27 pages I just read through that were filled with vitriol where I was gloating I'll apologize. I'll tell you another thing, don't bother looking because you won't find one. Despite numerous instances where I wanted to fire back I didn't. The post of mine you responded to was my only post in this entire thread and there wasn't any gloating in it.

Now, while we're talking about classy, what is the classy response when you wrongly accuse someone of something because you happen to be in a bad mood?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

This.

When Babb got fouled I came out of my seat screaming at my computer monitor. I'm glad Prohm got his first T.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
There's always an ******* in the bunch. And tonight we know who it is.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Wvu out played us and won that game.

That said, I hate their 'refs can't call 'em all' style SO MUCH. WVU should never have fewer fouls than any opponent they play, at any point, in any game, ever.

Was watching espn once where they quoted Huggins complaining about getting called for too many fouls and the commentators just laughed. How Hugs complains about that with a straight face is amazing.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I find it comical how the WV players give such demonstrous looks when they're called for a foul. I can't believe they'll cope well in the NCAA tournament.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Wvu out played us and won that game.

That said, I hate their 'refs can't call 'em all' style SO MUCH. WVU should never have fewer fouls than any opponent they play, at any point, in any game, ever.

Was watching espn once where they quoted Huggins complaining about getting called for too many fouls and the commentators just laughed. How Hugs complains about that with a straight face is amazing.
Did they? They're basically allowed to cheat. It's an extreme advantage for them to be called for less than 25% of their fouls.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Show me where im wrong
The plain simple truth is we got outplayed. The refs didn't help but we got outplayed this game. Hopefully the team learns and gets better but time is running out.
Have you ever played basketball? When you get screwed this hard its hard to give your best effort. If you breathe on them and are given a foul when they can hold you with two hands around the waist as you are running away to get the inbound pass, you start to lose a little spring in your step. You need to play through crap like that, but it is hard for 40 minutes. And, at about the 30 minute mark it took its toll. Great teams can play through that stuff, we're only pretty good.

The officials can have bad calls if they are bad going both ways OR are consistent in what they call. tonight they were neither.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well our shooting percentage killed us the 2nd half. But how we outfouled WVU is amazing. I would love to see a reffing crew call them all against them, I don't care if the game would take four hours.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'll tell you what, if you can find a single post of mine in the 27 pages I just read through that were filled with vitriol where I was gloating I'll apologize. I'll tell you another thing, don't bother looking because you won't find one. Despite numerous instances where I wanted to fire back I didn't. The post of mine you responded to was my only post in this entire thread and there wasn't any gloating in it.

Now, while we're talking about classy, what is the classy response when you wrongly accuse someone of something because you happen to be in a bad mood?

What is there to fire back about besides the post you responded to? I'll say this, I normally pull for Big 12 teams in the tourney but man you guys are unwatchable. I dont know how you can call that basketball and as fans I would be ashamed if my team played that way.

You literally foul at all times and let the refs try to sort it out. It makes the thug ball that Izzo plays at Michigan State seem relatively clean.

• Agree
Reactions: danderson84

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Have you ever played basketball? When you get screwed this hard its hard to give your best effort. If you breathe on them and are given a foul when they can hold you with two hands around the waist as you are running away to get the inbound pass, you start to lose a little spring in your step. You need to play through crap like that, but it is hard for 40 minutes. And, at about the 30 minute mark it took its toll. Great teams can play through that stuff, we're only pretty good.

The officials can have bad calls if they are bad going both ways OR are consistent in what they call. tonight they were neither.
Never said the refs were good. But highlighted the key point.

danderson84

Nov 25, 2013
Omaha
Glad Prohm got in the ref's ear enough to draw a tech. That was getting out of control.
Only thing different I would have liked to have seen would have been to keep Babb out there a few more minutes. He seemed to handle the pressure well and it looks like hes better with scramble situations as opposed to thinking through an offensive set.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Does anyone feel that WV is better than they were 2 years ago though. They are a lttle less hacking and a little better at offense. Still way too much fouling, pushing, holding, shoving off, etc. but a little better than two years ago. Maybe I am wrong. Still think the officials called an uneven game though.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Never said the refs were good. But highlighted the key point.
My point, it takes a HELL of a team to withstand that for 40 minutes. We aren't there this season. AND YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE TO WITHSTAND THAT MUCH CRAP. That is what officials are supposed to be there for. Not to encourage and reward it.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron