Who is in charge of the marketing for these games?

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Seems like whenever we want to do a white out or "Gold Rules" type of event, most people don't hear about it. Very little on social media. Maybe try getting the word out to game-goers? Say "Wear a white shirt" on the ticket, tell the local news outlets about it, or make more posts on social media.

On top of that, why do a white out when we're wearing our gold alternate uniforms?

Also, I don't have words to describe this shirt....

130-1453827-1.jpg

Here's the link if you want. Not sure why you'd want this filth, though.... http://www.isubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1453827

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

TurdFerguson

Sep 13, 2013
They used to put "Gold Rules" or whatever on the actual ticket. Not sure why they stopped

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I would like to obtain one of those light-up beach ball things they had going around the student section.
Someone make that happen. I don't really care how.

Is it worth extra credit if one of your students come through with one?

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Seems like whenever we want to do a white out or "Gold Rules" type of event, most people don't hear about it. Very little on social media. Maybe try getting the word out to game-goers? Say "Wear a white shirt" on the ticket, tell the local news outlets about it, or make more posts on social media.

On top of that, why do a white out when we're wearing our gold alternate uniforms?

Those events are printed directly onto the season tickets, in the presser posted on cyclones.com, and multiple ISU/Cyclones/MBB social media accounts. You have to be actively trying not to see it is gold rules when that event occurs. That said, tonight was a Cyclone Alley promotion and not a Hilton-wide marketing event.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Really? When was the last time Hilton wasn't full for a tournament lock cyclone team playing a top 10 team?
West Virginia a few weeks ago. Also, the OU wasn't either to the top, not top 10 I know. Don't know about TCU game. That was only the student section in balcony. Everything else is always full.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

130-1453827-1.jpg

Here's the link if you want. Not sure why you'd want this filth, though.... http://www.isubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1453827

I wouldn't mind having this. My goal is to have a shirt to wear that fits each opponent we face in the Big 12 tournament. I suppose that a "BEAT BAYLOR" shirt probably wouldn't be appropriate.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Iowa state would have to provide the shirts if we ever want to have a "perfect" stadium. Which probably wouldn't be cheap but it would be awesome. Great job by the students yesterday Hilton was rockin!

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

130-1453827-1.jpg

I've also wondered how we market it as it never looks remotely accomplished, but like someone said maybe it's free shirts. How does Iowa always get their great coordination for alternating sections.

Also that shirt has a hidden message, don't read it left to right, read it north to south.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've also wondered how we market it as it never looks remotely accomplished, but like someone said maybe it's free shirts. How does Iowa always get their great coordination for alternating sections.

Also that shirt has a hidden message, don't read it left to right, read it north to south.

SEC is creamy? crummy? Uh oh, I don't like where this is going.

• Winner
Reactions: Farnsworth

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
The reason we fail at color games is because of our fans, not our marketing. Every time we try to have a gold out or whatever, we get fans saying "they can't tell me what to wear" and they wear their John Deere shirt to prove what an independent man they are. The University probably finally just said "**** It" and decided to just do the students.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Yeah I agree. Always been a huge fan of white outs, wish they would include everyone. But then if you're doing a white out you should also wear white jerseys

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It works better when you have the t-shirts on all the seats for people to put on when they arrive, like they do in the NBA.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron