*** Official Mount St. Mary's Vs #20 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonefan24

Feb 4, 2014
Finally able to turn the game on. Not a fan of the new lights. I get why they did it but there are 2 things you never screw with. 1) Hilton Magic & 2) Tailgating. Never.

I love the new lights. They look great on TV and they make the intros way better.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Of course you're right, but the game has been very sloppy. Even so, getting some really good looks from outside, but not hitting. A ton of fouls (legitimate ones) too.

It's also a non-conf game early in the season. There are alot of new pieces to this team so there are going to be growing pains at times. If this happens during conf. play then I can see the concern.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I've been impressed with Babb's ball-handling, defense, and athleticism. He does a little bit of everything.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Atmosphere is everything. Don't screw with something that was simply perfect. And yes I agree that LED lights give you a lot of flexibility and we can do cool things in intros but is it worth it?
yeah, don't improve facilities! That will keep the winning tradition alive!

NetflixAndClone

Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Yes....until the game starts. I've been to a lot of games and venues. Watching basketball in the dark is like well...Carver Hawkeye-ish. Hate it.
I've sat in both the student section and up in the second deck this season. I missed tonight due to an exam but I think people are overplaying this dark venue. It really isn't that dark. People said they can't see banner and stuff. If you really have that bad of eye sight you need to go to the doctors.

CaptainAnon

Jan 3, 2013
Atmosphere is everything. Don't screw with something that was simply perfect. And yes I agree that LED lights give you a lot of flexibility and we can do cool things in intros but is it worth it?
I'm glad you're not in charge.