New site notes/bugs/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Is there a way to open the thread to the post you read last or do we always have to start from the beginning?

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I went to preferences and checked the box that says "yes hide the Cave" and now Cave threads are popping up.

Is that backwards?

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I went to preferences and checked the box that says "yes hide the Cave" and now Cave threads are popping up.

Is that backwards?

It appears to be backwards. I checked both politics and in-state just to test, and it made both of them show up.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I don't post very often, but I love reading the forums. Things look good, and even us "old guys" should be able to figure things out!

• Funny
Reactions: no2cyclones

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
I lost all of my thumbs up. I was rocking a 75% post to thumbs ratio too... Otherwise things are looking great!

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA
Opting out of politics forums is just plain not working for me. I tried it both ways, and made sure to hit save changes both times.

Now I can see the dark side of the site staring back at me, I am not sure if I will ever be the same.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Looks like the long, laborious stuff (transfer of data) is done. A few more things:

- No member stats within thread. Currently have to go into a member's profile to see that stuff, and even then...I don't know what they mean (the +green/neutral/-red, for example)
- Thread opens to first post. Not even an option to chose a page until entering the thread. Would really be nice if the tread would open to "last read". I know it can be done as other sites do this
- Again...no like
- Again...no rep
- When CyBookie is ready, where will the "points" be viewed?
- No jimlad. How are we supposed to know when someone is being sarcastic :D (I've seen the list of emojis elsewhere. Really liked old set ups list better)

I'm sure there are more, but I haven't found them.

As to the good.

- The mobile interface: MUCH, MUCH better! Well done.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I really like being able to easily/simply toggle between recent posts & the forum list on mobile.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
the issues for me are not having the "last unread message" on the thread titles and no like button. The unread message is by far the biggest one for me

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Is there a "back to top button I'm missing on mobile? Having to scroll all the way back up every time to exit the thread is going to be bothersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.