Briles gonna Briles gonna Briles

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

All right, Kenny, let's burn this ***** down....

comment_DRDaaFfRzKUZOO4FzcBW64o0TwJSgyRw.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All right, Kenny, let's burn this ***** down....

comment_DRDaaFfRzKUZOO4FzcBW64o0TwJSgyRw.gif

Hopefully he does burn the thing down. What a joke. It just goes to show you that if you win football games, then the head football coach is the most powerful person in the athletic department, not the AD.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So what is Ken Starr allowed to talk about? The one thing that has been plaguing Baylor is that they do not have to comply with open records requests because they are a private university. I assume had this been an amicable parting of ways, Ken Starr would have signed some form of non-disclosure agreement about various topics. Now since he has been terminated, can he just tee off about anything and anyone? Or what if he sues the University for wrongful termination - wouldn't that make some of these "hidden" reports/documents to become public?

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
So let me get this straight the manager, director, VP, or SVP, whatever you want to call Briles, the guy who was responsible for the division of Baylor known as Baylor Football, gets to stay, and the CEO gets the boot, tell me again how this fixes the problem?

Its like removing a piece of the stomach to fix colon cancer.

Watch that POS Briles come out and claim he wanted to suspend players but Starr would not let him.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
There is no way that Briles can survive this. Not just that he's the one that should ultimately be responsible, but rather who's going to take the Baylor president job with this out there? Briles is lining himself up to be another Paterno. Granted he's not covering up child rape, but he's showing to be just as powerful in Waco as Paterno was in Happy Valley. That cannot be allowed again.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Are any of the thousands of sports talk radio shows (Mike & Mike, Dan Patrick, The Herd, etc) talking about this?

Or are they just talking NBA for hours on end all day?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Are any of the thousands of sports talk radio shows (Mike & Mike, Dan Patrick, The Herd, etc) talking about this?

Or are they just talking NBA for hours on end all day?

As far as I can can tell, Starr hasn't been officially fired yet. Maybe they are waiting for it to actually happen...

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
As far as I can can tell, Starr hasn't been officially fired yet. Maybe they are waiting for it to actually happen...
This. ESPN hasn't said anything one way or another. Mark Schlabach actually had a tweet from Baylor saying Ken Starr is still President and the findings from the outside consultant/investigator will be announced June 3.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
This. ESPN hasn't said anything one way or another. Mark Schlabach actually had a tweet from Baylor saying Ken Starr is still President and the findings from the outside consultant/investigator will be announced June 3.

Translation: Let's leak float the idea that firing Starr will be our response so that we can see what the blowback will be. If we need more, which we think we will, the next step will be the AD. That way, we show that we're responsive and fired a whole other person than we originally intended to fire. (while ensuring that Briles is totes insulated)