ISU Apparel deal?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hoiball92

Apr 23, 2015
Des Moines
Correct, Nike is not an old brand. I love UA but they aren't pushing Nike out and they also aren't going away themselves.
If they're pushing anyone out it's adidas. And this is why Nike is better than UA. WTF is this ****

Maryland-Pride-Splash.jpg

vs
attachment.php

Attachments

• 150320_Nike_Oregon_Home_rectangle_1600.jpg
    150320_Nike_Oregon_Home_rectangle_1600.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 702

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
And how on earth are half of these schools ahead of us? We have a much bigger fanbase / brand than a quarter to half of these schools.

I would assume a lot of them signed after us, and probably shorter deals to get better ones after renegotiating again. But not 100% sure.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
As long as we stay as far away from adidas I am fine with Nike or UA. Personally I really like Nike basketball uniforms but I could live with something else.

kcyclone

Sep 11, 2012
How does the structure of this work? Is it just for the rights on jerseys that the teams wear or is there more to it than that? Just wondering what Nike gets for that chump change.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
We need a complete overall in design and apparel. We have one of the worst logos in college sports and our football uniforms are constantly in the top 10 for worst uniforms. Other schools have given full rights to a company and let them create a new logo and uniforms, we should do the same.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
We need a complete overall in design and apparel. We have one of the worst logos in college sports and our football uniforms are constantly in the top 10 for worst uniforms. Other schools have given full rights to a company and let them create a new logo and uniforms, we should do the same.

Uniforms maybe.

Logo no. Logo is staying. As it should

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Uniforms we can change and mess with.
Do not change the logo. It has national recognition and the last thing ISU needs to do is change the damn logo once every decade.

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
2008 was the first year with the current logo. As has been mentioned we can't be changing our logo once every decade. It is kind of nondescript but it's far from terrible.

Because of the logo's coloring it only looks good on white shirts I think. If it were up to me I'd prefer a one-tone logo that could change color to contrast with the background. Think of MSU's Spartan that can be solid white against green or solid green against white; OU's lettering that can be crimson against cream or cream against crimson, etc. We do not have that because ISU requires the I to always be cardinal and the "STATE" to always be gold - and it would look weird otherwise. So that is one downside of the logo, but I still don't think it should change because of that.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
Because of the logo's coloring it only looks good on white shirts I think. If it were up to me I'd prefer a one-tone logo that could change color to contrast with the background. Think of MSU's Spartan that can be solid white against green or solid green against white; OU's lettering that can be crimson against cream or cream against crimson, etc. We do not have that because ISU requires the I to always be cardinal and the "STATE" to always be gold - and it would look weird otherwise. So that is one downside of the logo, but I still don't think it should change because of that.
Too bad athletics didn't think of a one-tone version when they made the logo...

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Uniforms we can change and mess with.
Do not change the logo. It has national recognition and the last thing ISU needs to do is change the damn logo once every decade.

Agreed. I State is a good logo. Although I will admit that a single tone one would be better than the multi colored one right now. Simpler is better, ISU should have learned that from blue bird in a blender. I State should be the main logo from here on out. I'm only 37 years old and it's crazy to think of how many different ISU logos I've seen in my life.

I'm fine with either Nike or UA. If switching to UA means more money and not being a secondary school like ISU is with Nike than I'm all for it.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
How much would Zubaz give us? These pants Steve DeBerg is rocking look like they would be a match.

deberg_marino.jpg

cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
Altoonaville
If UA picked us up I think they would go nuts with the "I Will" from Jack Trices letter.

If Addidas picked us up, I think you could see them allowing the jack trice era stripes down the leg of the uni...

If we stay with Nike, we could get 400k and the short bus. Can't differentiate if you stick with the pack.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
People just looks at the state of men's basketball and football in 2008...not much leverage to negotiate with