ANY football practice updates from ANYONE?

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
No media access at practices 2 or 3, that's why you haven't heard about them. Access will be much more limited this year.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
No media access at practices 2 or 3, that's why you haven't heard about them. Access will be much more limited this year.

The past few years the university has put out those practice clips and photo albums. I kinda thought with Campbell's increased social media presence, there'd be more stuff available - or at least the same amount. There was a Spring Football website out there for a while, but it's disappeared into the ether...

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Shocked by this. Rhoads got the importance of building excitement in the spring using social media.

Now we are going to get even less than that or nothing at all?

Most of this post is sarcasm referencing all the patting on the back from fans from earlier about how Campbell "got it."

I have to admit I like watching short clips of practice. Then I can evaluate for myself how good or not good someone looks.

Hope they get it up and going.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
They haven't had pads on yet I don't think. I think they go on first time tomorrow. As much as I love watching clips I would have hated cameras at every practice, especially in the spring. This is a time for learning and to have your screw ups out there would suck

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Haven't checked the roster in awhile- I see Jake Rhoads is no longer listed. Maybe it was brought up here earlier & I missed it; not exactly a shocker.

upstateclone

Sep 26, 2013
South Cackalacky
A few things I've been able to gather:

- Mitchell Myers has returned
- They practiced outside today
- Campbell said he would like to do a full game for the spring game
- Wants Deonte Burton at TE

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Campbell is wasting a lot of time this spring. Just yesterday, he took time to have lunch and speak to a group of Iowa bankers that were discussing ag lending. My banker sister was very impressed by the young man and his plan. She ought to know the game too! She spent four years of high school playing cheerleader.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
No media access at practices 2 or 3, that's why you haven't heard about them.

Practices 2 and 3 were held at the same time that all of the local media were in KC for basketball, so there wouldn't have been anyone around to ask questions anyway.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Campbell is wasting a lot of time this spring. Just yesterday, he took time to have lunch and speak to a group of Iowa bankers that were discussing ag lending. My banker sister was very impressed by the young man and his plan. She ought to know the game too! She spent four years of high school playing cheerleader.

giphy.gif

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
We're a young group, but likely the most talented we've ever been- Rhoads Springs of 2010-2015

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Probably best to keep a low profile at this point. Coaches trying to figure out what they've got to work with. Probably not a lot to say beyond, "Mike Warren, Demond Tucker and Allen Lazard are really good."

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Golesh wasn't sugar coating it in his interview. Nice to get a tempered opinion as opposed to the Paul Rhoads hype train deluxe.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
That hype train deluxe was designed to put butts in the seats so the money would be there for the SEZ and those seats would be full. Seem to remember CW getting blasted because he reported what he heard. That messenger was shot and wounded but lives to ride another day thanks to the fact that he is a tough little hombre. Long live CW!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That hype train deluxe was designed to put butts in the seats so the money would be there for the SEZ and those seats would be full. Seem to remember CW getting blasted because he reported what he heard. That messenger was shot and wounded but lives to ride another day thanks to the fact that he is a tough little hombre. Long live CW!

I'm not so obtuse that I don't understand why he did it, I just don't like being fed bull *****. He was over optimistic 3 years in a row. It wasn't just the SEZ that started that trend.