Do we get Higgins and crew tonight?

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
I paid good money to watch Georges Niang vs Buddy Hield. Tom Eades decided I paid to watch him blow his whistle. I don't think Eades set out to screw Iowa State. I simply believe he is no longer a competent official capable of performing his assigned duties.

Hield is an All American, and as such, I expect him to get the benefit of the doubt on some calls - the NBA "star treatment" if you will. That said, Niang is also an All American, and solid four year player the same as Buddy, yet it seems Niang does not get the same shake on the "star treatment" scale. I'd understand if GN was 'mountaineering' guys every trip down the floor but he doesn't and certainly didn't last night, yet he's sitting the last 5 of the first half with a head-scratcher of a second foul. And on the offensive end, the circus shots he is known for were certainly falling and bodies all around with contact on a good number of them, yet there were no and 1s that I remember. There certainly were 3 or 4 that could have been.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
My assumption is that if ISU had made two more baskets that OU fans have a list of bad/missed calls that they would complain about. As an impartial observer, I didn't really even notice the refs out there much except for the technical on Prohm. They didn't replay whatever magic word that Prohm said to warrant the technical but I doubt it was just out of the blue and I certainly doubt there is some magical conspiracy to get OU to the Finals for TV ratings. The rest of the game seemed like two teams, and two great players in particular, battling to the end. It was pretty obvious that Morris' shoulder was bothering him. Hopefully he's as close to 100% as possible for the tourney. Now that Big 12 play is done for ISU, I am pulling for you the rest of the way.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
This. Outrageous officiating. They were told by conference leadership to make sure OU moved on so they have the potential to get a 1 seed. Everytime that sack of **** Eades calls a game, ISU has mysterious **** happen to them. **** him forever.
Agree, but Blume gave these guys an A rating, which makes me wonder about his criteria

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Instant travels only on ISU, Nader travel on the nice spin move bucket .
All of the traveling calls on ISU were travels and they probably got away with 10 more. Niang is constantly shuffling and moving his pivot feet while holding the ball. No ISU fan should want all of the traveling calls called at a 100% clip.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
It will be interesting to see who does the OU game tonight and how it is called. As much as I dislike Huggy's style and class, I'm hoping they win and screw the Big 12's dream championship matchup

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Anyone know where it came out for points in the paint? Everyone loves to say that foul discrepancy boils down to one team "being more aggressive" or the other "shooting jump shots", but Georges took contact all over the place in all of his trips through the lane, and I think he drew maybe two fouls.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Anyone know where it came out for points in the paint? Everyone loves to say that foul discrepancy boils down to one team "being more aggressive" or the other "shooting jump shots", but Georges took contact all over the place in all of his trips through the lane, and I think he drew maybe two fouls.
OU-34
iSu-32
http://www.cyclones.com/pdf9/4614106.pdf

OU shot 25 FTs
iSu shot 10

OU shot 21 3 pt attempts
iSu shot 25

OU shot 42 2 pt shots
iSu shot 39

Georges was 3-5 from the charity stripe with 13 2 pt attempts
Hield was 9-9 from the charity stripe with 15 2 pt attempts

Last edited:

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
It will be interesting to see who does the OU game tonight and how it is called. As much as I dislike Huggy's style and class, I'm hoping they win and screw the Big 12's dream championship matchup
Big 12's dream matchup would be iSu vs KU. It would get the same ratings as KU vs OU and draw the most fans to KC.

McKinney

Feb 1, 2012
McKinney, TX
All of the traveling calls on ISU were travels and they probably got away with 10 more. Niang is constantly shuffling and moving his pivot feet while holding the ball. No ISU fan should want all of the traveling calls called at a 100% clip.

Burton's travel was not, for sure, I rewatched it 5 times last night. He kept his right foot as his pivot foot the entire time until after his dribble. The ref based his call on what he thought was going to happen and not what actually happened.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area

Dude, there is a time and a place everything and NOW is not that time. Do everyone a favor and GET LOST!

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Don't waste your breath, CRLCy, you'll never convince isuno1fan.

Just do yourself a solid and put isuno1fan on ignore, and you'll never have to deal with his ignorance again. (Unless some idiot quotes him, which does happen from time to time.) Life on CF has been much better since I stopped seeing what that dork writes.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
You want to see tuco's head on a tortoise? I'm interested, please elaborate.....

Well that would work too, but I was just thinking of when Hank reloaded first, imposing a permaban on Tuco that was never lifted through alt user names.