Who do you want to avoid in the first two rounds?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
As we await Selection Sunday, who are the teams you've watched this year that we wouldn't match up well against in the first two rounds? North Carolina and Kentucky are the top two I want to avoid. Gonzaga is a sleeper with good bigs that would give us fits too, I think.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
As we await Selection Sunday, who are the teams you've watched this year that we wouldn't match up well against in the first two rounds? North Carolina and Kentucky are the top two I want to avoid. Gonzaga is a sleeper with good bigs that would give us fits too, I think.
Do you think it really matters? I would be happily surprised if this team made it past the round of 64. There is no ability to finish in his team. It's been pretty obvious all year and it's not getting better. There will be no special finish this year. Just a bunch of whining and moaning by the fanatic board.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Do you think it really matters? I would be happily surprised if this team made it past the round of 64. There is no ability to finish in his team. It's been pretty obvious all year and it's not getting better. There will be no special finish this year. Just a bunch of whining and moaning by the fanatic board.

It matters, Georges is taking this team to Houston

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Every team?

I just don't think this team has anything left in the tank. I'll be surprised if they win one game. They've played as hard as they could.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't think it matters. Its been a wild season but this team can not close.

They've close plenty of times. They have won games, you know.

Last night wasn't about closing either.

ronandkay

Jul 25, 2014
This team cannot close out games but also way too many turnovers! Way too many mistakes for a "veteran" & "experienced" team.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

Well, then, clearly we should just decline our invitation to the tournament and not give ourselves a chance. :skeptical:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Every team?

I just don't think this team has anything left in the tank. I'll be surprised if they win one game. They've played as hard as they could.
Whoa, whoa! They just played the #1 team on their home floor on senior day, and a top five team with the best player in the country to draws. A few bounces(which in the last few years we have had)and we win both. The effort the last two games will get this group a couple of wins at least in the dance no matter who they play. Unless of course Higgins and Eades are officiating. Then they might as well just refuse an invite and call it a year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't know what games you've been watching the last few weeks but this team can play with anyone, but they don't finish.

The other team has something to do with that. It's not like they aren't closing against ******* Illinois. Kansas is good. This board and CW couldn't stop drooling over Oklahoma all ******* year. So they are good.

I'm not sure why you are arguing with me. I've already said that we won't win a game in the NCAA because this team is worn the hell out.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Whoa, whoa! They just played the #1 team on their home floor on senior day, and a top five team with the best player in the country to draws. A few bounces(which in the last few years we have had)and we win both. The effort the last two games will get this group a couple of wins at least in the dance no matter who they play. Unless of course Higgins and Eades are officiating. Then they might as well just refuse an invite and call it a year.

Ha :) I hope they can figure things out. I just think they are worn out and tired. I think that they have tried, but they really aren't playing for Prohm. I think he's tried, but he's just not a great coach. And I think Monte is playing with a bum shoulder and a bum knee/hip.

It has been a fun season and I am excited for next week, but they just don't have a run in them. I don't think that means it was a bad season either.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
IMO, I would prefer NOT to play a Big12 team in the first 2 rounds, beyond that this team fears no team, I am just exhausted as a fan to sit through the ringer of the round robin that was Big12 season......

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
The other team has something to do with that. It's not like they aren't closing against ******* Illinois. Kansas is good. This board and CW couldn't stop drooling over Oklahoma all ******* year. So they are good.

I'm not sure why you are arguing with me. I've already said that we won't win a game in the NCAA because this team is worn the hell out.

They are division one athletes that are about to get a few days rest. They should have plenty of energy for one game. What will be the difference between a decent run and an early exit is if Monte can be Monte. With his injuries that might not be possible though

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Ha :) I hope they can figure things out. I just think they are worn out and tired. I think that they have tried, but they really aren't playing for Prohm. I think he's tried, but he's just not a great coach. And I think Monte is playing with a bum shoulder and a bum knee/hip.

It has been a fun season and I am excited for next week, but they just don't have a run in them. I don't think that means it was a bad season either.

Wow, you are a downer, I don't believe this for a minute. I think Prohm is a great coach actually, the root cause is super high expectation from a team that had a great lucky streak last year and has not had the same luck in the close ones this year, every game we have lost in the 11 on the year was very close and could have gone either way. I do agree they seem tired and beat up, but I thought defensively outside of Held 39 we played a pretty great game.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I know nothing about the 12 seeds to know if we'd match up well. If we stay out of foul trouble then I would hope these teams wouldn't give us much issues.

12 seeds - SDSU, Yale, Akron, Arkansas Little Rock

Out of the projected 4 seeds (to get out of the first weekend) I could see us giving any of these teams a game. Obviously we lost to TAMU on their floor but it was another close game.

4 seeds - Duke, Kentucky, Purdue, TAMU

It seems like Purdue would be the easiest route, but again I don't see any opponents there we couldn't beat.

As far as sweet sixteen (unlikely but possible) I want nothing to do with Virginia. Kansas, UNC, and Villanova are all winnable games. We'd be an underdog, but if this team shows up with their A game then I can see a way that they could win.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I know nothing about the 12 seeds to know if we'd match up well. If we stay out of foul trouble then I would hope these teams wouldn't give us much issues.

12 seeds - SDSU, Yale, Akron, Arkansas Little Rock

Out of the projected 4 seeds (to get out of the first weekend) I could see us giving any of these teams a game. Obviously we lost to TAMU on their floor but it was another close game.

4 seeds - Duke, Kentucky, Purdue, TAMU

It seems like Purdue would be the easiest route, but again I don't see any opponents there we couldn't beat.

As far as sweet sixteen (unlikely but possible) I want nothing to do with Virginia. Kansas, UNC, and Villanova are all winnable games. We'd be an underdog, but if this team shows up with their A game then I can see a way that they could win.

Yale then Purdue would be a dream match up to me. Duke would be a 200 point O/U, as I don't think they could stop us at all, and we might not be able to stop them either. I haven't seen SDSU play this year, but they usually are long and athletic, so I'd prefer to avoid them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron