Who's that one athlete that everyone hates that you are a fan of?

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Bryce Harper
Tim Tebow (never had anything against him, more against the media that tried to force feed him to us)
Marshawn Lynch/Richard Sherman (on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of public personas, but I find them both fascinating)

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I love these questions when 10 posters all say Tom Brady.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Michael Jordan, although his HOF speech exposed just how much of a mess he was. But the way a basketball game seemed to literally revolve around him was interesting. I feel like Kobe Bryant and LBJ got/get their points and all, but it's just not the same.

Peyton Manning--I have a feeling that retrospect/hindsight is going to treat him very differently in the end.

Last edited:

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Brad Keslowski, like that dude for some reason.

This thread is supposed to be about athletes...

Also Michael Jordan madguy?!? This is supposed to be about athletes most people hate, but you like. MJ is no doubt the most beloved NBA player of all time.

For me I'd say Tony Romo is one that is on a team I like that many people hate on.

I always like Chris "Birdman" Anderson too. Never liked the teams he played for, but appreciated his skills and the way he played. Also loved that old folks like my dad hated him solely because of his tattoos/appearance...just always felt that is a silly reason not to like someone.

Surprised no one has come out and said Christian Laettner yet. He was reviled by anyone who wasn't a Duke fan.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
As a Packer fan i say Tom Brady. His biggest crime is possibly deflating footballs. Not steroids or beating a women. Deflating footballs and kind of but not really getting caught. I also like Charles Barkley when it was not cool to like him. I am not even sure if its cool to like him yet.

He did dump his pregnant girlfriend. But other than being a ******, at least he's not a complete piece of crap.

I still don't like him though.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Michael Jordan, although his HOF speech exposed just how much of a mess he was. But the way a basketball game seemed to literally revolve around him was interesting. I feel like Kobe Bryant and LBJ got/get their points and all, but it's just not the same.

Peyton Manning--I have a feeling that retrospect/hindsight is going to treat him very differently in the end.

I think it more confirmed what most people already believed than it exposed anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron