Who's the best player in the State of Iowa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinnick80

Jul 20, 2014
Let's all pretend like Uthoff wasn't on pace for 60 before Prohm decided George couldn't stay with him.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
For what it's worth, I'll take Monte over either of them to build a team. I would have to go with Georges, but Uthoff isn't far behind. I get the ripping on the guy, but he's had a heck of a season so far. I think it would Georges hands down if we had a deeper bench and Niang could have fresher legs more often.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Let's all pretend like Uthoff wasn't on pace for 60 before Prohm decided George couldn't stay with him.

Lets's all pretend that Mr. "On pace for 60" finished with 32, and missed the open game winning shot.

Wait, no need to pretend. That is exactly what happened.

Yoda drops mic, exits left.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Rewatch the game. Prom switched Thomas to Uthoff for a few minutes to give him a different look and the best basketball player in the world totally disappeared. When Jok started heating up Thomas was moved over to Jok and Georges once again was on God's gift to basketball. He managed an earth shattering two points and even pretty much stopped shooting. "Go to" players don't curl up in the corner in the fetal position when their team needs them.

Uthoff is very good player but he isn't better than Niang.

Spam

May 21, 2008

On pace for?

I remember this one time Georges had like 4 points in the first minute. On pace for 160?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Speaking of the F4, you've never been. Also, my apologies for the worldwide leader in sports and every other credible writer/analyst picking Uthoff over George.

Recheck your F4 listings. You can say long ago, but not never. Just like Iowas was long ago.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yeah, not much of a stretch there at all. Was just correcting someone who still doesn't think Iowa made the tourney two years ago.

Was Hoiberg 4-4 in the tournament or 8-4? If Nebraska finally won an NCAA game but it was a PIG then they got bounced would you consider that winning an NCAA game? Is a 10 seed having to play a 7 seed in their first game equivalent to an 11 seed getting to play an 11 seed? No, that's an easier first game than a real NCAA team's first game, the real NCAA game is the 6 seed the PIG winner plays next because they're only a fricking 11 seed.

We know the NCAA official line. But the only people who think losing the PIG means the same as playing in the real first round of the big dance are fans who lose the PIG.

Last edited:

CySoup

Dec 29, 2015
Was Hoiberg 4-4 in the tournament or 8-4? If Nebraska finally won an NCAA game but it was a PIG then they got bounced would you consider that winning an NCAA game? Is a 10 seed having to play a 7 seed in their first game equivalent to an 11 seed getting to play an 11 seed? No, that's an easier first game than a real NCAA team's first game, the real NCAA game is the 6 seed the PIG winner plays next because they're only a fricking 11 seed.

We know the NCAA official line. But the only people who think losing the PIG means is the same as playing in the real first round of the big dance are fans who lose the PIG.

For whatever reason the NCAA did it for, they decided to expand the tournament to 68 teams. They have clearly stated that those first 4 games are NCAA games. They count toward the teams NCAA tournament record, and count toward NCAA tournament stats. It really doesn't matter what you or I think of those games, this is clearly a NCAA tournament game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
For whatever reason the NCAA did it for, they decided to expand the tournament to 68 teams. They have clearly stated that those first 4 games are NCAA games. They count toward the teams NCAA tournament record, and count toward NCAA tournament stats. It really doesn't matter what you or I think of those games, this is clearly a NCAA tournament game.

If you don't have a seed, you ain't in the tourney. They expanded it to 68 teams so 8 teams can play to get in for the 4 spots. HFCS said it correctly, the only people who consider the PIG as "making the tournament" are teams that lost in the PIG

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If you don't have a seed, you ain't in the tourney. They expanded it to 68 teams so 8 teams can play to get in for the 4 spots. HFCS said it correctly, the only people who consider the PIG as "making the tournament" are teams that lost in the PIG

And the NCAA.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

We know the NCAA official line. But the only people who think losing the PIG means the same as playing in the real first round of the big dance are fans who lose the PIG.

Well you're clearly more objective on all this than the NCAA, so I guess there's that.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
There are a lot of players who put up 2 points in the 2nd half in Hilton

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Who was the last player to put up more than 32 in Hilton? Ejim?

Does the scoring have to be in just one half of a loss? Not sure it's ever happened.

Ejim scored 48 in a win but it was in both halves. I really don't know who has scored more than 32 since, could be some opponent who went off from 3 or could be nobody.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It still doesn't really make sense with how they seed it. They should have just kept it at 64, I think we can both agree with that

I'd prefer 64. Since it was 68 at the time it means my team got in and can now make it three in a row this year. But I'd be happy if it went back to 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron