Looking for someone to split my lower level MBB tickets with for next year.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
Still available -- first deal fell through.

Trying to plan well in advance on this....
I may be interested in splitting my MBB lower level tickets next year with someone. Between the increasing costs of attendance and my work schedule that often challenges my ability to attend more than ~half of the games, I am thinking about trying to find someone willing to go halfsies on my already existing lower level seats. Big picture, is you pay part of the donation and also the cost for one of the two seats..... with the tickets split down the middle for both nonconf and conference seasons. Email for details on how I see this going. Please only email if you're a serious player.

To clarify, you get 2 tickets for 1/2 of the games.

Thanks

Last edited:

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
Yes... the plan is to split the games so each person has 2 tickets for 1/2 of the games.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If you are splitting the donation, are you also wanting to split football tickets since the donation qualifies you for both football and basketball tickets?

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
If you are splitting the donation, are you also wanting to split football tickets since the donation qualifies you for both football and basketball tickets?

Not likely, but I may be able to work something out. This is really about MBB.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Great gesture by the OP, however I think this has the potential to get ugly. Seems simple, if you want to pay 2500 donation, plus half of the cost of the tickets, contact the OP and you most likely have a deal. Simple stuff

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Great gesture by the OP, however I think this has the potential to get ugly. Seems simple, if you want to pay 2500 donation, plus half of the cost of the tickets, contact the OP and you most likely have a deal. Simple stuff

yep. i contacted him and the terms are straightforward. no reason it should get ugly because he has the tickets and is making an offer for someone to get lower level seats. either accept it or don't - seems simple.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I agree with the "great gesture" part. With the price of MBB seats likely going up (and up and up) as demand and costs keep going up, I think this sort of thing will become more common. Plus, there are plenty of folks who want to come from a distance, but know they can't come for every game. Makes good sense. Somebody is going to get a nice opportunity.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
yep. i contacted him and the terms are straightforward. no reason it should get ugly because he has the tickets and is making an offer for someone to get lower level seats. either accept it or don't - seems simple.

The only place I can see this getting ugly is in regards to which games each person will get the tickets for. Who gets the bigger games like Iowa, KU, OU, etc.

mikedp

Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Great gesture and straightforward terms for someone who wants good (not sure great) lower level seats and only basketball.
I have $1K donation, get upper deck good seats (not on corners) pay less for tickets and get parking pass and perks by being a donor for other season tickets if wanted. If you can only make half games you can sell or give others away without feeling like you gave farm away to own them.
2 Different views based on 2 different lifestyles unless you win 900M lottery Sat eve, then who cares and buy one game out for all your CF friends and courtside for rest for life!.

Babiscuit

Mar 7, 2015
The only place I can see this getting ugly is in regards to which games each person will get the tickets for. Who gets the bigger games like Iowa, KU, OU, etc.

I would say a draft with the OP getting first choice. This is a nice offer by the OP.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
Correction -- still available. First deal fell through.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This is probably a better thread to start right before or during the season ticket renewal period. I can't imagine someone putting out the money now . . . unless you have incentives for early payment.