Random Thoughts V

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I didn't post here (I don't even know if this place existed back then) but I posted on CycloneReport when DMac was let go and it seemed pretty reasonable. That was a different time than what we live in now, though, where people don't hesitate to spit their vile and spew their vitriol everywhere with no regards to anything.

Yeah, it's like it's a contest to see who can over react the worst. The ability to keep one's head about them in the face of adversity is an under-appreciated trait. Ironically, the fans are exhibiting the same behaviour as what they're complaining about.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Yeah, it's like it's a contest to see who can over react the worst. The ability to keep one's head about them in the face of adversity is an under-appreciated trait. Ironically, the fans are exhibiting the same behaviour as what they're complaining about.
I can say with 100% certainty that my anger after a loss once I stop posting in the game thread is mostly tongue in cheek.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So I couldn't sleep last night, so out of boredom, I went to the welcome board and went as far back as I could to see what current posters we still have that introduced themselves on there. Didn't see many that were all too familiar to me, but I did see one by Rulzzz. Big women's basketball fan back then!

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So I couldn't sleep last night, so out of boredom, I went to the welcome board and went as far back as I could to see what current posters we still have that introduced themselves on there. Didn't see many that were all too familiar to me, but I did see one by Rulzzz. Big women's basketball fan back then!

Still am, however my time on here has expanded to other things besides that.. Not exactly sure how I came about this site. It's funny when I have conversations with non cf people in my life i.e. family, friends, coworkers etc. if I had a dollar for every time I started a conversation with on this ISU message board I post at I'd be able to retire. :smile:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Still am, however my time on here has expanded to other things besides that.. Not exactly sure how I came about this site. It's funny when I have conversations with non cf people in my life i.e. family, friends, coworkers etc. if I had a dollar for every time I started a conversation with on this ISU message board I post at I'd be able to retire. :smile:

I just lie sometimes. Like when I went to meet Nickels in Omaha for the first time, people were asking how I knew her, and I just said we went to ISU together. Which isn't a lie, because we did go to ISU at the same time. It's just not a complete truth.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm trying to figure who would be the Jesus of the original-original random thoughts... its been so long i can't remember.

I think he still posts here on CF, just not that often. I feel like he stopped in here once when it was Random Thoughts 3 or something. Obviously, completely delved into something I don't think he expected it to.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Leinenkugels Cranberry Ginger Shandy is pretty good. Is that acceptable by all you alpha males?

Status
Not open for further replies.