Abby Faber

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
The obvious one? Yeah, I guess I am. It's great the family is getting some needed cash, but completely glossing over the true intentions is naive.

Please do not speak of truth. Neither you, myself, or anyone else is a mind-reader. You can only speculate about the nature of the truth here, you cannot know it.

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
It's hard to believe that there isn't an underlying reason for positive press revolving around the Heisman for this.

While you can't deny the financial windfall, the intentions leave a bit of a sour taste.
I was at the game and this was a very brief moment when Boyken kneels down to acknowledge her. There's no way he or anyone else would have anticipated someone catching a perfect photograph of it, and it then going viral. Then to suspect the worst intentions when some inspired TCU fan takes the initiative to contact friends of the girl's family and set this thing up.

Take off the black hat man. This is all good.

AustinHawk

Dec 10, 2009
Well this thread has taken a turn.

Kudos to Boykin for what he did. More Kudos to TCU fans for what they did though. After all the Kid Captains both our programs have had, has any opposing player/fans done something this? I can't recall any happening here.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I found it slightly comparable that you feel Boykin wouldn't go out of his way to do a good deed, all while you can not go out of your way to acknowledge a good post.

I assume he's not talking about boykins actions, but what's come from it. And he's not wrong.

this is great for the family though, I even donated.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
He deleted his tweet but CyPhillis = Randy Peterson?

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 460

DFW2012

Oct 13, 2015
Texas
$20,000+!

Word is the family felt a bit uncomfortable with how quickly and how much was raised and asked the organizer to not raise the goal again once the campaign surpassed the $15,000 mark. Knowing how significant the future expenses will be, the organizer is trying to convince the family to accept the support, but in the event they do not, there's discussion that the balance will be redirected to the children's hospital or a CP/children's charity.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I honestly got a bit choked up reading all about this, just a really, really great gesture.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Pretty sure he's saying that you're an ***-hole. And I bet you are a blast at parties.

Heh, what would you know about a good party. You're coming after the arena of my one and only strong point here.

In all seriousness, I get why you all jumped on what I pointed out. The reality is, I was never negative about the idea and I didn't come after anyone no matter how naive and childish I felt they were being, I just feel that the underlying plan of this trivializes an otherwise important and sad situation.

I'm glad the family is receiving the help we would all plead for in that situation. While the sincerity may not be exactly where one would hope, you can't argue against results.

Last edited:

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
$20,000+!

Word is the family felt a bit uncomfortable with how quickly and how much was raised and asked the organizer to not raise the goal again once the campaign surpassed the $15,000 mark. Knowing how significant the future expenses will be, the organizer is trying to convince the family to accept the support, but in the event they do not, there's discussion that the balance will be redirected to the children's hospital or a CP/children's charity.

It would be great to see any additional funds to go to Blank Children's hospital. There is a kid captain at every home ISU game, all who have received services at Blank for a variety of issues. What a great showing by fans! Thanks for the updates.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
Is it cynical? Sure. If you want to believe it's something purely good with no other intentions, I'm not going to argue with you on it.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, both sides are benefiting. I just find it strange to heap praise on what is for all intents and purposes a business deal.

People like you make me sick. Go away. Why do you have to take a nice story and make it into your little conspiracy theory. You are just plain dumb.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron