***Official Postgame Toledo Thread***

CyclonesForever

Nov 5, 2011
Ames, IA
I'm not even mad, I'm just extremely sad about the state of Iowa State football, which doesn't even have a good history to begin with. How do you keep a coach that is terrible at recruiting, terrible at developing players, loses to FCS teams in years 5 and 6 of his tenure, loses to a MAC team while racking up at least a dozen penalties during the game during year 7, has had a total of 1 winning season which happened during his first year with none of his own recruits? What on earth do they do in practice? We can't even get any of the fundamentals right. I'll watch ISU games online or on tv, but I absolutely will not set foot in Jack Trice Stadium again with Paul Rhoads as our head coach. He needs to go and if Pollard won't fire him, then Pollard needs to go.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I'm sure the pundits will blame the line, the kicker, the receivers etc. But this is a top down thing. If you don't act now and send a statement that losing to MAC teams, sub-Par Kansas teams, is not OK then you are saying it is Tonight I see that the tide will not magically turn, the Team will not have a ah-ha moment. For the fans and these players you gotta let CPR go. And I'm not a CPR hater either...it's just a performance that is not getting any better with time.

hes not getting fired now, end of year

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Speechless. Did we do practically everything possible when it came to mistakes and bad football? I'm beginning to be in the ex-ISU coach Rhoads camp. I hate that!

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I'm not even mad, I'm just extremely sad about the state of Iowa State football, which doesn't even have a good history to begin with. How do you keep a coach that is terrible at recruiting, terrible at developing players, loses to FCS teams in years 5 and 6 of his tenure, loses to a MAC team while racking up at least a dozen penalties during the game during year 7, has had a total of 1 winning season which happened during his first year with none of his own recruits? What on earth do they do in practice? We can't even get any of the fundamentals right. I'll watch ISU games online or on tv, but I absolutely will not set foot in Jack Trice Stadium again with Paul Rhoads as our head coach. He needs to go and if Pollard won't fire him, then Pollard needs to go.
This.

timappelgate

Apr 9, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Us burning Rhoads's contract.
attachment.php

Attachments

• giphy (1) 2.gif
    giphy (1) 2.gif
    1,023 KB · Views: 706

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Where's our resident optimist to tell us how we'll be ok and we're not ******* awful?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I'm done. If a poster should happen to mispell his name, I no longer have it in me to quote your post and perform a snarky FIFY. Apathy.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm not mad, Paul, I'm just disappointed.

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
It's not like Mangino is working magic here, but I'm all in favor of firing Paul tonight and naming Mangino interim head coach.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Im just numb to losing anymore. I havent once been excited tonight, this apathy is scary.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I feel bad for the players. They work hard for hours every day. They put their bodies into it. Yeah mistakes are made and games are lost but these aren't pros who collect a paycheck.

Let's not let our disgust at the situation belittle the guys who work hard.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Jesus, even Ben Bruns has lost it, just called Toledo a good team and there were a lot of positives....my god

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
The coaches may not make it past this season but it's hilarious what we blame on them. Fumble inside the 20? Coaches fault. Miss a 32 yard field goal? Coaches fault. Take a sack on 4th down with the game on the line? Coaches fault.

When end do the players share some of the blame?​

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Bright spots:
1. We won time of possession 38 to 22
2. We had 481 yards of offense vs. 309 for Toledo
3. We had a 100 yard rusher in Mike Warren

Too bad we had 14 penalties for 113 yards.

They way I read that is those 114 yards are just more opportunities to pad the stats :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron