JTS construction webcam?

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I don't disagree, but theres something to be said for the minimalist approach. I think this ties the room together with the rest of the sports area (Hilton, C.Y., Fisher) than a cardinal brick.

Agreed. I personally liked the minimal Iowa State University that ran across the east side years back. I get why they changed it and it's grown on me. But I thought the old sign was pretty classic looking.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I don't disagree, but theres something to be said for the minimalist approach. I think this ties the room together with the rest of the sports area (Hilton, C.Y., Fisher) than a cardinal brick.

Backlight the letters in red at night...yeah, I'm just dreaming.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Backlight the letters in red at night...yeah, I'm just dreaming.

you mean like this but with ISU colors?

maxcess-web-1-300x225.jpg

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Looking at the renditions and jacktricestadium.org itself, they are backlighting it white - which I think will show better.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Thanks everyone for posting pictures and comments. I live in Ames, but am on a two-week business trip, so I don't get my daily fix driving by the stadium.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
On another note, I almost forgot how crappy that endzone looked before this renovation. Glad the days of south hillsides and metal bleachers are gone. Cue the Jefferson's theme song boys, we're movin on up!

attachment.php

I tend to think of the old south endzone as my first serious girlfriend. She was great and we had tons of good times.

And now, I'm getting married to a hot model!

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Silly question but why are all the seats in the SE section red? Shouldn't that middle section be yellow (I mean gold)

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Silly question but why are all the seats in the SE section red? Shouldn't that middle section be yellow (I mean gold)

According to the virtual stadium, they are supposed to be gold.

I'm impressed how accurate that thing is - this would seen to be the first deviation from it, or any of the renderings actually, that I can see.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron