What was your worst date?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Lol....not much more to the story. She talked a million miles a minute like she was snorting cocaine and following it with espresso shots, and I elected not to pursue the potential there.

One of the Datemaker dates PapaLew went on before meeting me, the woman asked him to pick her up because she didn't have a car (first rule of blind dates, meet at a public, neutral place!!!). He gets there, she says she's not ready yet, and the sitter isn't there yet (toddler running around). He plays with the kid while waiting for her - she comes out of the bedroom with a baggie and says something like "I'm just going to do a line before we leave...want some?"

He's a family man...he was outta there. :)

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
I have told mine here before. First date, guy took me to a modestly priced restaurant/bar for dinner (it was years ago, I believe my meal cost about $4). Then pretty much demanded we go somewhere for sex since he was paying. I walked out and was going to catch a bus or taxi home. He caught up to me and was punching me when the bouncers from the bar came out and beat the crap out of him before calling the cops. Only first date where I ended up with a broken nose, and my date ended up in worse condition.

That's just...wow.

I haven't gone on any terrible dates. Internet dating at 30 is interesting though. The Kent State professor that talked about every abusive ex that she had probably had cornered the market on worst dates that I have had, and even then, they were not that bad.

I once took a woman out to see the Christmas lights in Public Square. It was great, snowing lightly, almost perfect. We had drinks afterwards and on the way home, we were going to swing by the GE Lighting HQ at Nela Park.

I proceeded to get lost in East Cleveland after midnight. She very matter of factly told me that she wanted to go home.

Of course, she did say yes 10 months later, so I must not have been that bad!

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
^Cubs, you dodged a bullet there.

Well, that depends on exactly where she falls...

hot-crazy-matrix.png

EddyCy

Jan 27, 2013
Eddyville, IA
On here really to see if the chicks are talking about me........they aren't. Worse date for me never happened, but I did get rejected plenty of times. Best one....... Asked a sophomore out in hs to homecoming while I was a senior. And I quote......."Thanks for asking me Frank, but no".........Frank is my 2nd cousin.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
The last time a thread like this popped up wasn't there a user who had interest in a girl only to find out they were cousins? or did they actually go out?

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
I've had a few awkward first dates but nothing too weird. However, a few years ago I was with my girlfriend (ex now) and we were celebrating our three year anniversary. So we go out to eat and on the way back to her place we get T-boned by two international students in the back passanger door (not that it matters, but a girl was driving). Her boyfriend gets out of the car and runs up to mine and says, "So sorry, it her first time driving." So after we finally get everything settled and go back to the apartment, I call my parents and let them know what happened. About an hour later my brother calls me and says "Hey, I heard you ordered some chinease tonight, and they delivered!"

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
One in high school where the guy who set this girl and I up didn't spill all the details.
I get to her house, and the girl is finishing the arrangements with her mom about watching her child for the evening. That pretty well freaked high-school me out for the evening.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My wife and one of here girlfriends went out for a drink on Friday night. They got back to our house by 9 pm. They were talking about another gal, who is this man-eater, and thinks she is just the greatest thing in the world, one of those small petite fitness freaks. This gal has been divorced for a few years now. She is a real ***** to say the least. So my wife and her friend were talking about this gal and who she has been dating. It turns out this gal told them she had been dating a guy, but she couldn't see him because she couldn't handle the large size of his *&^% anymore. I about crawled under the couch. Somethings a guy just does not want to hear in a conversation between two women.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agkistrodon

Feb 14, 2009
Date that could have been a lot worse if timing had been different:

I went out with this girl a few years ago. It wasn't our first date, but it was our first night going home together. She checked us in on Facebook at a bar. Apparently a friend of her boyfriend (I was unaware she was still seeing him... she always referred to him as her ex, and had even blocked him on Facebook) saw that she was out with me and told him. When we got back to her apartment we found that all of her clothes and stuff she had been keeping at his apartment had been thrown all over her porch.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I had a thread like this a few summers ago.

Best by far in that thread was the one that got it shut down. Won't go into detail, but a poster was caught getting a blowie by the chicks military dad if I remember correctly

A girl I was dating in high school was doing that with me in the basement. Her dad came home and she said, keep your pants down, I want to finish, and threw a blanket over. He'd usually come down, say hello then go upstairs. He came down and said "Pantsy, I need you to move your car, it's blocking me from getting in the garage." Then he just stood there waiting. And she did NOTHING to help get him to leave so I could pull up.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I had a thread like this a few summers ago.

Best by far in that thread was the one that got it shut down. Won't go into detail, but a poster was caught getting a blowie by the chicks military dad if I remember correctly

I don't know how, but this needs some punctuation correction....maybe?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
One year for a high school homecoming. I asked six girls and got shot down by all of them. So I ended up getting set up by my mom's friend co-workers daughter who went to another school. They were two of the special ed teachers so we went in the limo with the special ed kids to a buffet. She had a boyfriend and only came for me and it was just awkward as hell so we never even danced.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
haha....I wrote something and then edited myself. I never had any bad dates at Ames Iowa.....I beat the odds.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Not the worst in the world, but I went on one once with a girl that literally te entire date talked about this stupid *** shoe blog she had. A blog. About shoes. No matter what, I couldn't change the subject. Really cute girl. Great lay. Dumb as a frickin brick though. No matter what I couldn't bring myself to go on a date with her again because just the thought of that conversation makes me want to stab a pen in my ears.
That would make me want to wear socks with sandals.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Never have had a bad date, usually it's the following weekend where drunk texting gets the best of me..

bacon fest this year could have easily been a bad date. Went out the night before pretty hard, was suppose to pick her up at 8:30. Got there at 9:15 smelling like a bottle of vodka. By 11am I'm totally blasted from picking up the buzz from the night before.

she luckily had to go bartend at 3 to which I paid her uber, and she surprisingly had a blast. I don't remember much after her leaving though.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
Don't be embarrassed by using a dating service. Sometimes options to meet people are limited...more-so the older you get. And sometimes they're a blessing: nearly 22 years ago a friend talked me into responding to an ad in the Des Moines Register "Datemaker", and I ended up going on a really bad blind date with this guy (beer & ice cream - long story). Nice guy, no sparks. Except he didn't give up easy, and I married him a little over a year later. Just celebrated our 20th in December. :)

You had me at "no sparks."