What is Self Doing?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Other than winning the B12 again :smile: He's the best coach in the B12, and one of the best in the nation, but why doesn't he play Oubre more on the road? He's played 108 minutes in KU's last four home games, but 61 in the last four road games.

He's gotta let these freshman grow up or they're going to play like freshmen come tournament time. I guess the streak really means a lot to him.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Oh, right! I don't give two craps.

Next guy....?

I should have posted this when twocoach was active. Was just looking at some numbers and thought it was really curious. Maybe KU's early exits aren't so surprising after all.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
It's a good question and I think you make a good point about being tourney ready. Oubre looks good, my vote for frosh of the year if he keeps it up for the rest of the season. This is a very inexperienced tourney team for Kansas. Perry Ellis and Jamari Traylor have made it the farthest of everyone on the team (Sweet 16). Gonna need all the in season experience they can get.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Self Doing sounds like something done behind a closed bedroom door.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Maybe Self is too busy making sure his coaches are not smoking pot?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Self is hard on his players and expects a lot out of them. If they don't play well there is someone behind them that can and he will sit the players that underperform on the bench.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Other than winning the B12 again :smile: He's the best coach in the B12, and one of the best in the nation, but why doesn't he play Oubre more on the road? He's played 108 minutes in KU's last four home games, but 61 in the last four road games. He's gotta let these freshman grow up or they're going to play like freshmen come tournament time. I guess the streak really means a lot to him.
Brannen Greene is hitting threes at a rate never before seen at Kansas. He's made 17 of his last 24 three pointers. That's where Oubre's minutes have gone.

Help Support Us

Become a patron