Crowd Last Night

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I hadn't seen this really hit on in the game thread or any other individual threads so I apologize if I missed it. The crowd last night was the best one I can recall in recent memory for an early start (6pm) weekday game. Usually everyone strolls in around 6:30 and sits on their hands but wow it was loud during that stretch run in the second half. I was standing there yelling during one defensive stance (wish I could recall which specific one) and thought "now this is LOUD!" Shot clock gets to 10 seconds and the crowd amps it up to a new level that I didn't think we could get to. What a great time at Hilton!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Sounded great and persistent on TV, even when K-State would just go down and hit a shot, crowd would still bring it.

MuseumFaux

May 9, 2014
Ames
6:00 weekday games are always tough because you have a fair number of fans still getting in when the game starts. It was a pretty raucous crowd when it needed to be though and it filled up pretty close to capacity by midway through the first half.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I watched the highlights this AM...can you imagine how loud it would have been if after Nader's block, Naz would have thrown the lob to McKay for the flush?

Great job fans. Watching at home, love hearing it erupt to get the guys motivated on defense, etc.

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
All ku fan heard was boooo. To be fair we did booo a lot, but the refs were being stupid in the second half.

AmCyFan

Nov 14, 2014
I was lucky enough to be there. It was great! My section was on our feet a lot and making noise. I was able to leave work a little early so I could get there at 5 and I thought it was pretty filled in right at 6. Great job Cyclone fans!

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
All ku fan heard was boooo. To be fair we did booo a lot, but the refs were being stupid in the second half.

KU fans opinions.....theres something I couldn't possibly care any less about. I know all of 1 Kansas fan that isn't a total **** bird. Go figure he was a football player there.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
First half was ok. Second half was great. It wasn't ku loud but it was still loud.

Yeah, that's typical, good support the first half (still better than 95% of the arenas in the country) and then it's nuts in the second half when our guys need it. It WAS "KU loud" during those last couple defensive stances.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Great crowd last night and it all started with the students. They were consistent the entire game, then when the rest of the crowd got into it in the second half the place really got going.

Great time last night!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I thought the student sections did a nice job of making noise early in the game before the old folks got engaged. It wasn't very loud early, but the students did their part.

And I don't think it had too much to do with late arrivals because there was a good crowd there at 6pm. I think it was more of a KU hangover. It just didn't seem like a crucial Big 12 conference game until the game got well underway.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
There was definitely a hangover effect in the first half, which is understandable... but yea, the crowd really turned in on down the stretch. Seemed about 90% full at tip.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Great crowd last night and it all started with the students. They were consistent the entire game, then when the rest of the crowd got into it in the second half the place really got going.

Great time last night!

Have to highlight this big time. Only a couple rows in the top of the student section went unused which is a HUGE improvement over past years on weekday games. Big-time kudos, must have told Dance Marathon to stick it!

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Have to highlight this big time. Only a couple rows in the top of the student section went unused which is a HUGE improvement over past years on weekday games. Big-time kudos, must have told Dance Marathon to stick it!

Luckily, we play at Texas Tech this weekend during Dance Marathon!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Great time last night!

I concur . . . and essentially posted the same thing 3 minutes after you.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
As others have said, the first half was okay and the second half (especially the last few minutes) was fantastic. I would love to see the place filled 15+ minutes before tipoff, as I feel the atmosphere lacks that buildup when seats are being filled at tip, but I can't complain about a sold out crowd.

There were a couple moments toward the end where I thought the place was really loud, and then we just turned Hilton to 11 during the last 15 seconds or so of K-State's shot clock. Great job out of the crowd.