The Keg Stand in W. DSM

AmCyFan

Nov 14, 2014
Is this a 21 and over only bar? We are thinking of watching the game there tomorrow night and our 19 year old son might join. Also, what's good to eat?

Thanks for your input!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Definitely a bar and not restaurant so over 21 only.

If you want to stay in Des Moines area, I'd recommend the Saints in Waukee or Draught House in Waukee (both relatively new). Also, Saints near JC mall (used to be Maverick's).

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Definitely a bar and not restaurant so over 21 only.

If you want to stay in Des Moines area, I'd recommend the Saints in Waukee or Daught House in Waukee (both relatively new). Also, Saints near JC mall (used to be Maverick's).

Or the draught house on 50th.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'm not sure on exact rules, but it's not always 21+. We've had children come to US Soccer game watches several times. Might want to give them a call or ask on social media.

AmCyFan

Nov 14, 2014
We live a little west of West DSM, but just want to watch the game with other Cyclone fans....not against driving to Ankeny, but maybe a good sports bar in West Des Moines is a better option. Would you say Saints or Draught 50 would be more what I'm looking for?

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
We live a little west of West DSM, but just want to watch the game with other Cyclone fans....not against driving to Ankeny, but maybe a good sports bar in West Des Moines is a better option. Would you say Saints or Draught 50 would be more what I'm looking for?

I think the new Saints on Hickman near Waukee is very pro-cyclone. But can't say I've checked out a lot of other locations to compare. When I've gone there for bigger ISU games, they have the volume on for the game, which I appreciate.

AmCyFan

Nov 14, 2014
I think the new Saints on Hickman near Waukee is very pro-cyclone. But can't say I've checked out a lot of other locations to compare. When I've gone there for bigger ISU games, they have the volume on for the game, which I appreciate.

That would be a good location for us. Thanks for answering. Looking forward to a great game!