Well Done

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Iowa a solid group of players but no one that plays with any fire. Fred's guys want the ball all the time, they know they can make a play. Call it confidence, arrogance whatever you want. It works.

Uthoff is having a good season, but you just know he would be so much better under Hoiberg. And Hoiberg wanted him. Why he ever picked Iowa, I will not understand.

But it is kind of a paradox because by picking Iowa he turns into the type of player who we wouldn't want at Iowa State.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Not trying to be hard on you but didn't you say missing out on Ulis wasn't a big deal?

Hey if you see any Deano posts over at HN copy/paste them in the iowa recruiting thread. I couldn't find anything. I assume he face down passed out on the floor after polishing off a 12 pack.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Iowa is a bad team at feeding the post. Even then, they dont have a player good enough to consistently do things at the post. Heck, I would have been working to post up Uthoff all night. Fred is phenomenal at finding the advantages and working on them. Fran, I have not seen that.

But yeah, it's the guards...and most of the other stuff is moot at that point.

Easier said than done. Tough to feed the post and get buckets around the basket when the defense doesn't have any respect for your outside shot.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Hey if you see any Deano posts over at HN copy/paste them in the iowa recruiting thread. I couldn't find anything. I assume he face down passed out on the floor after polishing off a 12 pack.

Can you get that drunk off of Fuzzy Navel wine coolers?

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Not trying to be hard on you but didn't you say missing out on Ulis wasn't a big deal?

I say a lot of things and can't remember everything, but I don't remember saying this...not with what we all know point guards mean to you in college hoops. Iowa is missing two players...a consistent game shooter and a point guard...and in basketball, that is a ton.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who cares about basketball though, would have really liked to see Iowa play football in the Big 12 this year...I think they easily could have gone 10-2

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That isn't what he is polishing off...but he is polishing something.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
I was glad they got Dickerson in the sense they needed a point guard, but I never thought he was a savior....and after seeing him play two or three times this year, he's not going to do it for them this year, at best...at worst, he never will

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I was glad they got Dickerson in the sense they needed a point guard, but I never thought he was a savior....and after seeing him play two or three times this year, he's not going to do it for them this year, at best...at worst, he never will

Not trying to troll, but in your opinion, do you think Iowa is an NCAA tournament team?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I say a lot of things and can't remember everything, but I don't remember saying this...not with what we all know point guards mean to you in college hoops. Iowa is missing two players...a consistent game shooter and a point guard...and in basketball, that is a ton.
Just gonna tell you your calculus is bad. Iowa is missing an entire team, but I ain't one to shush someone.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Who cares about basketball though, would have really liked to see Iowa play football in the Big 12 this year...I think they easily could have gone 10-2

tumblr_n0br6hFLlt1rmjplho2_400.gif

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Not trying to troll, but in your opinion, do you think Iowa is an NCAA tournament team?

At best a bubble team, but that's only if they have good fortune and hit a hot streak from the outside...but that is a lot of wishing. If I had to wager on it, I would say they just miss

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Just gonna tell you your calculus is bad. Iowa is missing an entire team, but I ain't one to shush someone.

Nah, their frontline is good...but the problem is they don't have shooters who will make you play honest out to 20 feet, so the middle is muddled and their half court sets look zombie-like for stretches.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron