Old South Bleachers and Scoreboard

cyclonefreak5

Sep 25, 2010
Ames
its lit somewhat but you cant see a whole lot usually at least when ive opened it at night

You should be able to see a bunch Monday morning. Thats when the next deck pour is, and that baby will be lit up like a Christmas Tree

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
Doesn't look like they plan to reuse the bleachers--pretty much a demolition going on.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Knew I shouldn't have closed the stadium camera link this morning. All full can't get access.

fenton06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Regardless of how bad our football team may or MAY NOT be, having the south endzone finished is going to be awesome!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They really need to up the limit on webcam viewers. It cant be that many wanting to watch that you cant get on it half the time.

Also, those of you leaving it open in the background, i hate you

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
WebCam not working for anyone else? I imagine I've just got to keep refreshing, hoping I get a spot when some one disconnects. Shouldn't the AD (or really, FPM) be running it thru a proxy to handle the traffic??? The digital computer was invented at ISU and we can't even get this right??? (semi-:jimlad:)

Somewhat related - I took an MIS course on business communications, including networking and PBX and the instructor was the head of FPM at the time. You'd think they'd understand traffic and load on a resource...

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
They really need to up the limit on webcam viewers. It cant be that many wanting to watch that you cant get on it half the time.

Also, those of you leaving it open in the background, i hate you
I'm not leaving it on in the background. I haven't been on it since last Friday and then only to check it for a few minutes. Leaving it on in the background really eats up the bandwidth. I found that out when I got a notice from Mediacom that I'd used up my month's allotment of 250 Gigs in three days and my month had just started. They are allotting me 50 more Gigs at no charge because I'm such a good customer. I tried to get the stream a bit ago but no go.

Last edited:

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
WebCam not working for anyone else? I imagine I've just got to keep refreshing, hoping I get a spot when some one disconnects. Shouldn't the AD (or really, FPM) be running it thru a proxy to handle the traffic??? The digital computer was invented at ISU and we can't even get this right??? (semi-:jimlad:)

Somewhat related - I took an MIS course on business communications, including networking and PBX and the instructor was the head of FPM at the time. You'd think they'd understand traffic and load on a resource...

I think we ought to email JP. :jimlad: Isn't there a way to set the server so that the connection would kick off after 15 minutes or so?

Last edited:

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I think we ought to email JP. :jimlad: Isn't there a way to set the server so that the connection would kick off after 15 minutes or so?

It would depend on the cam, I imagine it's a standalone webcam/server. They're pretty slick. The webmaster for my band had one in our rehearsal space (who am I kidding, our basement.) But that was 15yrs ago, you could watch us practice at one frame every 10-15 seconds...

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm not leaving it on in the background. I haven't been on it since last Friday and then only to check it for a few minutes. Leaving it on in the background really eats up the bandwidth. I found that out when I got a notice from Mediacom that I'd used up my month's allotment of 250 Gigs in three days and my month had just started. They are allotting me 50 more Gigs at no charge because I'm such a good customer. I tried to get the stream a bit ago but no go.

I got the same message, so this is what is eating up my usage.