*** In honor of Pollard fine, HELP raise 25 K for Blank Children's Hospital ***

FunCyd

Mar 12, 2009
Belmond
I just have to throw this out there. This entire raising $25K is awesome. Very Cuban-ish...and I love it.

"Cuban has made a charitable donation to match every fine he's received from the NBA office. The league has publicly fined Cuban 20 times during his 14-year ownership tenure for a total of $1.9 million.
This $100,000 fine, which Cuban boasted was his "proper farewell" to the retiring commissioner, was assessed after Cuban confronted officials on the court and directed inappropriate language toward them at the conclusion of the Mavs' 129-127 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Jan. 15." By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com Updated: January 30, 2014 http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...-mavericks-matches-100k-fine-charity-donation

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Sadly I think this thing has run it's course and we should start being proud of the amount of money we all contributed.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think it's time to call it a day on this and be happy that such a large amount was raised for a good reason with such little time and coordination to get it done. Over 10k is certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Anyone else get their letter from Blank Children's Hospital, Unity Point thanking you for the donation? Very nice letter, personally signed by David Stark, President and Alissa McKinney, Director of Development with "Go Clones" handwritten notes on it. Very thoughtful of them.

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014
A letter from Blank's today stated "nearly $15,000" was raised. Some highlights: "We are incredibly proud of our partnership with Iowa State. By giving patients the opportunity to take the field with the Cyclones at home games ... Through visits to the hospital, Iowa State athletes help provided a needed break as well as inspiration for the patients."

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
A letter from Blank's today stated "nearly $15,000" was raised. Some highlights: "We are incredibly proud of our partnership with Iowa State. By giving patients the opportunity to take the field with the Cyclones at home games ... Through visits to the hospital, Iowa State athletes help provided a needed break as well as inspiration for the patients."

Got that letter as well!