*** In honor of Pollard fine, HELP raise 25 K for Blank Children's Hospital ***

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Re: **CALLING CHRIS WILLIAMS**

It might be too late.....I'm doing a phone interview with them soon because they want something.

Here's what I got back from Chris:

"If they want to come to press box I can but don't see how I'll be able to get to DSM

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Chris Williams <[email protected]> wrote:
I'm sorry. I'm in press box working. Will be doing radio until at least 8. Doubt I get out of here before 9:30, perhaps 10."

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Bump. Just saw a brief segment about this on KCCI morning news. Nice job on the phone interview, cychedelia.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I'm a little bit late to the party but I just put in $50. Further I'm looking at it like this, and would invite any others that donated so far to do something similar.

I guarantee this was not the last game we'll be in this situation with a bad call. For every game that Iowa State loses in football or men's basketball when an apology is issued by the conference/officials, or a national media outlet discusses a late game or major officiating issue I will donate $25 to this campaign. The $50 I donated is $25 each for K-State and OSU.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I just donated again because it is a great cause and I wanted to send the letter to Bowlsby.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What's the new total?

Might not hear until tomorrow....probably need hospital staff to get it.

I got a couple more people to donate yesterday---told them that it was oddly satisfying to hit submit when making the donation in honor of the Big 12 refs and sending the thank you to old Bob.

H

HGPuck

Bump, any new ideas on how to promote this thing?

The best I can come up with would be if NFM (or another CF sponsor) would be willing to have something in conjunction with this for their promotion this week. For example instead a $250 savings on something it would be $150 off and a $100 donation would be made to Blank in the customer's name. Or if a customer made a donation at the store to Blank (say $100) NFM would take an additional dollar amount off the deal of the week.

It is looking like at the current rate we would be at about $15,000 by the end of the week so it would need to be about 100 people at $100 to get to twenty five.