Student Ticket Lottery

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think I would rather just pay a lot extra for better tickets if we make it. Those seats behind the basket are truly awful for the final 4. No elevation to them. If you are no in the first few rows you wont see any of the game.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I think I would rather just pay a lot extra for better tickets if we make it. Those seats behind the basket are truly awful for the final 4. No elevation to them. If you are no in the first few rows you wont see any of the game.

A tickets a ticket. If we make it there I'll just be happy to be in the building. Plus the whole free ticket to the championship game thing is more than a steal.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
A tickets a ticket. If we make it there I'll just be happy to be in the building. Plus the whole free ticket to the championship game thing is more than a steal.

I'm eyeing tickets in the 400 level for $300, covering both gamedays.
Sure, it's way up there, but it's at the Final Four, and there's that big TV thing stretching halfway to Oklahoma.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I don't think I would drive if I went. But I just entered so we'll see

It's such an easy drive down there, it really is. Find two other people to go with and it'll be relatively cheap. No way you should pass it up (if the opportunity presents itself). You'll end up kicking yourself later on.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
It's such an easy drive down there, it really is. Find two other people to go with and it'll be relatively cheap. No way you should pass it up (if the opportunity presents itself). You'll end up kicking yourself later on.
I'm kicking myself that I didn't go to the Big 12 Championship game, and I'm kicking myself that I wouldn't be able to go to Dallas if we reach there. S** sucks big balls.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm eyeing tickets in the 400 level for $300, covering both gamedays.
Sure, it's way up there, but it's at the Final Four, and there's that big TV thing stretching halfway to Oklahoma.

I bought tickets for $250 (all session) in the 400 level. Granted I live in Dallas, so may go regardless. That being said, I bought them on the NCAA website where they do the paperless ticket thing. They are re-sellable, but you have to go through their ticket software (Flash Seats), really not a big deal, just can't have the luxury of selling them on stubhub.

I bought 4 (my wife and I and my parents) and will definitely sell my parents if we don't make it as they wouldn't come down. $250 a piece in a city where I live was very hard to pass up.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Dallas is actually a pretty easy drive until you actually get to Dallas. Pumped that going to a lot of games would pay off for something with the Athletic Department.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Dallas is actually a pretty easy drive until you actually get to Dallas. Pumped that going to a lot of games would pay off for something with the Athletic Department.

Only pays off if you win. There will still be a boatload of students that win that only went to a few games.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Go in a group:

Ticket = $40/person
Gas = $50/person
Hotel = $100/person maybe?

If you made this trip like a student you could do it for $200. While that is no drop in the bucket... it's the Final Four. I mean, come on.

With beer...maybe $500.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
$40 for admission to all three games at the Final Four is an absolute steal. I'd be all over this if I were still a student.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I think it's kind of funny we have most students whining about not being able to go to some of these games because they have no money, have class, etc. and then there's others saying they'd rather fly than drive and pay $300 more to get better seats at the Final Four. Quite the different ends of the spectrum.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think it's kind of funny we have most students whining about not being able to go to some of these games because they have no money, have class, etc. and then there's others saying they'd rather fly than drive and pay $300 more to get better seats at the Final Four. Quite the different ends of the spectrum.
Rather drive than fly. Haven't heard any say different. Also, If Iowa State is in the final four which doesn't come around too often, I want to actually see the game and not sit below the court and stare at the back of someones head for 2 hours. I don't mind dishing out some $ to see us playing in the final freaking four.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
Hmm, while initially tempting, I would rather not sit in those student section seats, and if I make the trip I will buy actual tickets at $300+
NCAA-Regionals-in-football-stadiums.jpg

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Hmm, while initially tempting, I would rather not sit in those student section seats, and if I make the trip I will buy actual tickets at $300+
View attachment 25902

I'm ready to buy.
Just heard back from Jerry World that the NCAA requires a ticket for all attending, regardless of age. That's a nice twist to our little family vacation.

Thanks, NCAA.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I'm ready to buy.
Just heard back from Jerry World that the NCAA requires a ticket for all attending, regardless of age. That's a nice twist to our little family vacation.

Thanks, NCAA.

Well, you know.... 7 month olds take up space! Not to mention the NCAA needs all the money they can get being not for profit and all.....:wink:

I did enjoy looking into the diaper bag solution though (no bags, purses, or diaper bags). They do give sizes of bags they will accept if they are clear.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
View attachment 25902

Are all the seats usually taken in these games? I mean I know it's the final four & what not, but I would assume there'd still be a few open corners?

Be worth the risk to me for a $260 savings..

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I'm ready to buy.

Thanks, NCAA.

Is that really surprising to you? And I'm not ripping the NCAA, just that a major sporting event like that requires a ticket for every single person no matter what age. It makes sense to me I guess, wouldn't want to be the $8/hour ticket taker trying to discern between a 1 year old and a 2 year old.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Is that really surprising to you? And I'm not ripping the NCAA, just that a major sporting event like that requires a ticket for every single person no matter what age. It makes sense to me I guess, wouldn't want to be the $8/hour ticket taker trying to discern between a 1 year old and a 2 year old.

Not very.
I checked, since apparently the general JerryWorld policy is that children under 1 don't need tickets, and that's their policy for Cowboys games.
But, it left the mention that certain events could have exceptions. Smelling trouble, it was worth asking.

Help Support Us

Become a patron