Status
Not open for further replies.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Re: Rashad Vaughn - Announcing Saturday

Wait, he cancels his visit to UNC and is announcing the weekend before. Says he has a good relationship with the UNC staff and his parents trust if that is where he wants to go.

That doesn't sound good. Of course, I'm trying to read between the lines, but still...

I thought this as well, but if he really wanted to go to UNC, why not just wait a week, take the trip, then announce? A week isnt all that far.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha

Wait, he cancels his visit to UNC and is announcing the weekend before. Says he has a good relationship with the UNC staff and his parents trust if that is where he wants to go.

That doesn't sound good. Of course, I'm trying to read between the lines, but still...

I see it as a sign against UNC, not for. If he knew he was going to UNC, don't you think he would be excited to take the free trip there and hang out with his future teammates to celebrate his commitment? I can't imagine a kid cancelling an official visit to the school he is picking. It's not UNC, unless he is setting up a bigger switcheroo than the "hat trick". (cancel the official, announce UNC, then reschedule the official)

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Anyone think that last night's game could have made any influence on this decision?

That's what I was thinking. If he was watching it, he had to be rooting for us and went through the same emotions/suspense us fans were feeling. Of course, I have absolutely no reason to think this.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006

I thought this as well, but if he really wanted to go to UNC, why not just wait a week, take the trip, then announce? A week isnt all that far.

Or you've always known that's where you want to go and there is no need to go on the trip. Just saying.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

The UNC message board has FOUR (4) posts in regards to this topic. FOUR

They also have 2 five stars and 1 four star commits for 2014. Picking up another top 10 recruit is par for the course for them. Vaughn would be the highest ranked player we've gotten in a very long time, if not in history.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA

So out of the 493 people that RV follows on twitter, I am for some reason one of them.
I sent a couple shout-outs. Most twitter users only get notifications to their phones from people they follow. knowing that RV had go out of his way to reach in his pocket to see what I tweeted makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
:spinny:

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012

Or you've always known that's where you want to go and there is no need to go on the trip. Just saying.

But wouldn't you still WANT to? Considering that would be his decision for college you'd think he'd take any opportunity to get down there, especially when it's paid for by UNC.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

He's just retweeting that to get the article and therefore himself more attention. Don't read into it.

The same could have been said about ISU and he chose to visit. No telling what's going to happen. But, I'm feeling good about our chances.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006

OMG_husky.jpg

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012

So out of the 493 people that RV follows on twitter, I am for some reason one of them.
I sent a couple shout-outs. Most twitter users only get notifications to their phones from people they follow. knowing that RV had go out of his way to reach in his pocket to see what I tweeted makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
:spinny:

Ha. It's because you tweeted him that awesome avi, and he used it for a while. You earned that follow :)

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA

Everyone who doesn't have a Rashad Vaughn avatar, GET ONE NOW! No way we get him if people post in here without a Vaughn avatar. Do it now, everyone!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Couldn't hurt to have Long who's been struggling get a green light from Fred and then hit one to tie it. Total players coach. Trust in each guy on the floor without fail. It's gotta be us doesn't it?

This was what I was thinking. Every guy on the floor last night made a play or two that was critical to the win. Every single one. As a player watching that, who wouldn't love that?

Status
Not open for further replies.