*** OFFICIAL Iowa State at Kansas Game(day) Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
No doubt - most talented team top to bottom in the nation.

Self is a very good coach with TOP TIER talent....guys delivered down the clutch.....We have freshman taking BS shots when we need a good scoring possession instead we pull up for a contested three...not smart play....thats how you lose close games.....hopefully he learns from that mistake.

Hate to say it, but this team shows why Self the best coach in the country. Kentucky is bad two years in a row with great but inexperienced talent. Even Duke is not a top 5 team when their roster turns over. They are incredibly young, but after taking a few lumps they are entering the back half of the season as probably the best team in the country. God I wish he would retire or give the NBA a shot.
Good effort by our guys. This is one tough and resilient team. I'm expecting a win this weekend and am even calling for the rare win at Iba vs. the mighty floppers to get some good mo before the softer part of the schedule.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I think he was talking about a play with a couple minutes left, we are down by five I think, we get a steal, Niang almost loses bringing it up but gets it to Morris in the corner, who launched a contested three. Prob not the best choice, but one of those plays that if it goes in, KU's sphincter gets real tight.

Touche- I'm so used to people dumping on Thomas for his shots... Regardless, Morris wasn't contested on that shot though. Niang was the closest player to him.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
We were down one with around 4 min left and that is when we had some bad shots taken. Don't try and say this game wasn't close..

I didn't say it wasn't close.... go back and read my post. He's ragging on a freshman taking a contested 3 pt shot and I was defending one of the three point shots taken (albeit probably the wrong one).

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Like someone else stated - down the stretch we had turnovers, terrible shots, no box out on the most athletic guy on the court....the officials will ALWAYS be terrible when we make it easy for them to do so.....

Freddy needs to look at that tape and say here's the things we need to do and WE CAN DO THEM....these are not major problems...simply about execution...and anyone that saw KU down the stretch - we got outexecuted...they made free throws, they got timely rebounds and simply outexecuted us by getting good offensive possessions.

As much as i hate the refs and that ahole of a coach.....that team is without a doubt the most talented team top to bottom in the nation and will do serious damage in the tourney. We were able to nearly pull out a win in an environment that most teams get rung up....

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Anyone catch Self and one of the refs sharing a laugh with 1:24 left? took picture with my phone but unable to post it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
sigh....Matt Thomas, you are NOT Tyrus McGee. Stopping shooting those wildly off balance treys.

...however, he hit a few, and made one of the smarter plays of the night. It was a break, and he was 1 V 3 or so. He actually pulled it out to pass to see if other good shots may exist.

Then Niang got the ball, drove into a crowd, and forced a pass that wasn't there.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
...however, he hit a few, and made one of the smarter plays of the night. It was a break, and he was 1 V 3 or so. He actually pulled it out to pass to see if other good shots may exist.

Then Niang got the ball, drove into a crowd, and forced a pass that wasn't there.

Thomas takes care of the ball. He didn't have a bad night.

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
Like someone else stated - down the stretch we had turnovers, terrible shots, no box out on the most athletic guy on the court....the officials will ALWAYS be terrible when we make it easy for them to do so.....

Freddy needs to look at that tape and say here's the things we need to do and WE CAN DO THEM....these are not major problems...simply about execution...and anyone that saw KU down the stretch - we got outexecuted...they made free throws, they got timely rebounds and simply outexecuted us by getting good offensive possessions.

As much as i hate the refs and that ahole of a coach.....that team is without a doubt the most talented team top to bottom in the nation and will do serious damage in the tourney. We were able to nearly pull out a win in an environment that most teams get rung up....

Good post, but do want to say I have no doubt that fred will look at the tape and coach.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
lack of real post players was pretty evident this game... really hard to watch KU scoring every single time they get it inside.