Eikmeier spotting at the Kansas game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames
Wes and what I assume to be his dad were in the recruit section behind the band. He seemed pretty humble when a total stranger (myself) told him that they would see him next year. I'm pretty sure he knows that we didn't agree with the officials tonight. That no call on the basket interference was questionable.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
On that play, the refs played it like see no evil, hear no evil, touch no evil on that play. No wonder McD was blasting the stripes.

tyfred1

Dec 1, 2006
Yeah I saw Wes there too. His dad, or whoever the person he was with, couldn't stop smiling when we were making our run in the second half. He didnt look very big, but you cant complain with the numbers he is putting up.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
He is not quite Garrett skinny but he is pretty skinny still.

Adam Haluska was in the house tonight as well

I wonder how many games Adam has been to in IC this year? Does he wear ISU gear at the ISU games?

I'm still not sure about Wes coming from the small school and all.:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I think Wes will be ok. Adam Haluska came from a small school put on some pounds and lead the Big 1025 in scoring his Sr year, we all know it can be done. Glad to see they were having a good time. Mcd really likes the kid, his shot, and his work ethic.

Nov 22, 2006
Haluska was put together a lot better as a senior than Ike is right now. Ike is the more polished scorer, Haluska the much better athlete.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
What!? You mean winning the lj, 100, 200, and 400 m at state means you're a better athlete?

I remember watching Haluska run the 100 m finals. It looked as though he only took ten steps the entire length of the race. Very impressive.

Nov 22, 2006
He was a freakish athlete. When rumors starting flying around about him transferring from Iowa State, A&M called and wanted him to play TE for them. He could have been a great TE

SaxaCLONE13

Nov 6, 2007
Haluska, parents, girlfriend and friend were sitting right near us. He wasn't wearing any ISU gear, he was wearing some expensive clothing (go figure) but my friends were being so loud that Adam and his dad were yelling at my friend. It was pretty funny

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames
Haluska, parents, girlfriend and friend were sitting right near us. He wasn't wearing any ISU gear, he was wearing some expensive clothing (go figure) but my friends were being so loud that Adam and his dad were yelling at my friend. It was pretty funny

It wasn't that your friend was being too loud, it was what he was saying. Cursing and degrading Adam....Yet again. I was happy to see Steve (Haluska's dad) let your friend have it. He deserved it.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Sounds like your friend is a tool. And you thought it was funny.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
About half way through the first half I noticed Adam sitting about 10 feet from us. I was sitting in the 11th row right against the railing.

I made an effort to try and catch Adam's reaction after Sean scored on a pull up jumper early in the 2nd half bringing Adam to his feet.

Jul 25, 2007
I'm a nomad.
I arm wrestled a guy last night who I thought was Hurl Beechum. Right after halftime I was getting my grub on out in the concourse and I spotted this guy who I thought was Hurl Beechum. Since I've arm wrestled almost all of the other members of the 1994 ISU Basketball team, I thought this was a dream come true. I called the guy over and promptly challenged him to an arm wrestling match right there at the table. He accepted and I made short work of him. After beating him, while I was jumping around telling everyone in ear shot that I just destroyed the great Hurl Beechum in arm wrestling, the dude stands up and tells me he's not Hurl. I made him show me his driver's license and sure enough he was telling the truth. Oh well, at least I got some good practice in for when I do meet up with the real Hurl, and I made a new friend (FYI, I'm only friends with people I have beaten in an arm wrestling match)

I'm coming for you Hurl! You can run but you can't hide!

Last edited:

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I arm wrestled a guy last night who I thought was Hurl Beechum. Right after halftime I was getting my grub on out in the concourse and I spotted this guy who I thought was Hurl Beechum. Since I've arm wrestled almost all of the other members of the 1994 ISU Basketball team, I thought this was a dream come true. I called the guy over and promptly challenged him to an arm wrestling match right there at the table. We accepted and I made short work of him. After beating him, while I was jumping around telling everyone in ear shot that I just destroyed the great Hurl Beechum in arm wrestling, the dude stand up and tells me he's not Hurl. I made him show me his driver's license and sure enough he was telling the truth. Oh well, at least I got some good practice in for when I do meet up with the real Hurl, and I made a new friend (FYI, I'm only friends with people I have beaten in an arm wrestling match)

I'm coming for your Hurl! You can run but you can't hide!

Can someone get this guy his meds?

:wink:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone bashing Adam at this point is lame. He made a decision to go to Iowa for his future. After all its just a game. Im proud to know he comes back frequently to watch his brother play his heart out for us. That makes him a true Cyclone in my book.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
As for Eikmeier, I cant wait to have him play. Im already pumped for next season!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I arm wrestled a guy last night who I thought was Hurl Beechum. Right after halftime I was getting my grub on out in the concourse and I spotted this guy who I thought was Hurl Beechum. Since I've arm wrestled almost all of the other members of the 1994 ISU Basketball team, I thought this was a dream come true. I called the guy over and promptly challenged him to an arm wrestling match right there at the table. We accepted and I made short work of him. After beating him, while I was jumping around telling everyone in ear shot that I just destroyed the great Hurl Beechum in arm wrestling, the dude stand up and tells me he's not Hurl. I made him show me his driver's license and sure enough he was telling the truth. Oh well, at least I got some good practice in for when I do meet up with the real Hurl, and I made a new friend (FYI, I'm only friends with people I have beaten in an arm wrestling match)

I'm coming for your Hurl! You can run but you can't hide!

I don't know if you are serious....But I can't stop laughing at this. Did you put LSD in your cheerios this morning?

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Anyone bashing Adam at this point is lame. He made a decision to go to Iowa for his future. After all its just a game. Im proud to know he comes back frequently to watch his brother play his heart out for us. That makes him a true Cyclone in my book.

Seriously, lets get over the Adam thing. He was supporting his brother who gave us 10 points last night and some nice defensive pressure.

If I were Adam, I would have knocked your buddy's teeth in and sat back down to watch the game. But that is just me. There is no way he deserves to be heckled while watching his bro play.