Baylor loses...again.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
here's my Debbie downed post #2 today. we are a third through the season at sit at #7.

Keep in mind that we've only played 6 conference games thus far. OU, K-State and WVU have all played 8. Texas and Okie Lite have played 7.

Us and KU have only played 6. That gives us more time to catch up than most teams, plus as previously pointed out, we started with a very difficult slate comparatively to say UT and WVU.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
brady heslip was a total stud for canada's WUG team this summer, and he's a bit player now for baylor. Same with Jefferson. The guy is a 6'10" athletic animal and he barely gets the ball. Its comical.

In addition, Austin should be able to do more serious damage. Those three combine for like 34 ppg.

Baylor ought to crush 85% of its schedule.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I still expect ISU to lay an egg in Waco before beating Oklahoma State.

Hey, you can't say that. Jk. I briefly hinted that it would be a tough game for us there, as it's their final home game, senior night, and time for them to change their ways....and got blasted for it. But, obviously, I hear you. Wish we could have got them as a road game sooner than later.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
no way in heaven he gets fired after this season. baylor won't get a better recruiter than him. baylor was dead before drew. d.e.d. dead. he could lose out the rest of the season and retain his job.
He could, but I bet the AD will look the other way one last time. Unfortunately, Baylor can do better than Drew, in part because of Drew. The lack of success before 10 years ago does not matter. Baylor has money, has a committed administration and booster network, and there are tons of very good players near by. Remember when people thought you could not win in football at Baylor? Baylor's brand has changed.
Now, if they only had more fans.

Feb 6, 2013
I honestly cannot figure out how Baylor and Okie St have such amazing talent with poor coaching. What are the recruits signing up for?

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I honestly cannot figure out how Baylor and Okie St have such amazing talent with poor coaching. What are the recruits signing up for?

money.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I happened to rewatch the Baylor @ ISU game the other night and I figured out why I don't think he is a good coach (beyond results vs. talent he recruits). I have never seen a coach at the D1 level who is trying to direct his player to spots on the floor as much as he does. Most coaches take care of that for the most part during practices and time outs so the players know where they are supposed to be, who and how they are guarding depending on the situation, etc. That allows them to just make minor corrections when someone is out of position. If you watch a Baylor game pretty much every time they show Scott he has his pointer out there trying to get his players to the right position. It's like he is trying to give them a fish rather than teaching them to fish. That kind of coaching has to have his players constantly wondering if they are doing the right thing and totally destroying their confidence and flow to just play the game they have been playing since they were little.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Amazes me the number of people that are afraid of dropping the game at Baylor.
I'm afraid because it would be a horrible loss and they have talent to actually beat many teams. I'm guessing they will have folded the tent up by then...already have.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Is it possible to do less with more? Baylor has 2 or 3 NBA caliber players (talent wise) and they can't put it together. Falls on Drew. Whoever takes his job will definitely have tools in the woodshed.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Calipari should probably get fired from Kentucky too... I mean, look at all that talent he brings in and now they will be unranked!:jimlad:

I know you're being sarcastic, but Drew and Calipari remind me a lot of each other. Both can recruit, and can recruit very well, both have benefited from the talent they have brought in, but I'm less then impressed with both of their abilities to coach. More so Drew then Calipari obviously. For example, if Drew or Calapari were coaching this years Texas or OU teams, I'd be willing to bet neither of them are in the Top 25. I am very confident that if Bill Self was coaching the players Drew has brought in, Baylor would of won the National Championship in 2010

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron