It's been almost six years since I-State was adopted (2008). Has it grown on you yet?

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Re: It's been almost six years since I-State was adopted (2008). Has it grown on you

The current logo is too drab and does not connotate the hominess of Ames area or the wind of a winner. It is not that exciting to buy shirts for. I predict an update in a few years.

Never would have expected a bot to yearn for 'hominess' in a logo...I'da figured you appreciated the cold angularity of the I State.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Re: It's been almost six years since I-State was adopted (2008). Has it grown on you

I would be cool with it if we changed to the Iowa State Cyclone. One collective. All in as one Cyclone

Leaning CY is the best. It looks great when he's leaning on a beer

I threw out my Cy's Roost birthday t-shirt with that logo on it about a year ago. I'd had it since 1993, was a prized possession. You just made me all sad and stuff.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

2014-01-09-17-32-53.png

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012

I state logo is a serious meh.....still is a meh.
Blender Cy was totally groovy/neato/cool when it was contemporary. The Navy Blue was a weak marketing ploy....but the whirly was great then and has only been destroyed by the "branding" efforts to date it.

If I never hear some propogandist say "branding" again...that will be OK. It's all marketing now. Image and screen presence....nothing is real. **** on our backs and tell us its raining.....well, if the "branding" for that **** on your back is "marketed" appropriately.......

One last thing: KU freaking cheats and the referees cheat with them.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Love the I-State logo. It is very identifiable. I think random people have a better chance of noticing it then the whirly bird or some of the other logos. I like that it is bright, bold, and simple.

I still love some of the vintage logo stuff and have a lot of those shirts (that's why it baffles me when people say they miss it---they can buy plenty of stuff with it on). But if I never see another stupid spinning cyclone bird thing again, it'll be too soon.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive

I State is clean, simple and easy to rap about.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Never would have expected a bot to yearn for 'hominess' in a logo...I'da figured you appreciated the cold angularity of the I State.
Bots like warmth too. Our team is not an eye, but a WE.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012

I think this on a tailgating shirt would be pretty cool (Yes I MSd painted it.. )

Attachments

• FINISHED1.bmp
    766.9 KB · Views: 18
  • FINISHED1jpg.jpg
    FINISHED1jpg.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 26

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007

I live in a small mountain town 1,000 miles from Iowa State and frequently wear a winter hat with the "I-State" logo plastered on it. Almost every day someone asks "Iowa State?" or "Cyclone?" and then discussion heads into MBB or football, especially if they're not from Iowa but know the logo & team(s).

I'll get a "Go Clones!" during peak busy seasons a few times a year, which is nice. No other Cyclones living around here (closest mass would be Denver), but there are 2 or 3 Hawkeyes living in town.

But the Walking Cy and Leaning Cy are definitely my favorites.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames

I like, don't love the I-State logo. I still think we are off on the colors. I'm still confused why we haven't used the colors we see on Tailgate apparel (does that still exist?). It's vintage, clean, and unique. The letterman jackets look really nice. Why are those colors not used for everything?

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006

I like, don't love the I-State logo. I still think we are off on the colors. I'm still confused why we haven't used the colors we see on Tailgate apparel (does that still exist?). It's vintage, clean, and unique. The letterman jackets look really nice. Why are those colors not used for everything?

This. The licensing office needs to get pickier about the colors. I got an email before Xmas promoting ISU gear on some web site and there were two hoodies next to each other. One looked almost pink and the other looked darker red. Next to each other, it looked like complete crap.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012

Or my personal favorite and possible new avatar, buschlight cy.

Attachments

• BuschCy.png
    BuschCy.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 16

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006

I've always liked the new one. My dad on the other hand always goes off on it every time the name Jamie Pollard is mentored.

Jamie could get the program to a point where we win national championships in every sport, have facilities that make Ames the favorite to host the Olympics, and in his spare time solve world hunger, but to dad he'd always be the guy that killed whirly Cy.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

I've always liked the new one. My dad on the other hand always goes off on it every time the name Jamie Pollard is mentored.

Jamie could get the program to a point where we win national championships in every sport, have facilities that make Ames the favorite to host the Olympics, and in his spare time solve world hunger, but to dad he'd always be the guy that killed whirly Cy.

gotta love a guy that puts a cartoon above the program

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO

Overall, I think its a pretty solid primary logo. I think it looks awesome on the basketball court, on tv, on some clothes, etc.

I wish the helmet was just a gold decal like this with no beveling:

IState2.jpeg

I also wish we had better secondary marks. The latest strutting cy and oval cy are pretty disappointing. The I State is nice, but all the clothing is very similar looking. Which was probably the point originally to consolidate the brand, but I think something to freshen things up would be good while keeping I State primary.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Liked it then, like it today.

walking Cy/tornado logo is the best

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston

I've always liked this interlocking logo. It's clean, simple, easy to update, and identifies us as ISU, not I-State.
I do like I State enough to hope for it to stick around for some time. I also like the accompanying font, it has a very professional appearance to it, especially when it used across all athletics.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006

gotta love a guy that puts a cartoon above the program

HEY ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF MY DAD?

I bet he could bet up your dad.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle

I-State is the logo that will be most recognizable. So that's the one I'm in full support of. Leaning cy is my favorite but wouldn't want it as an official logo

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

This. The licensing office needs to get pickier about the colors. I got an email before Xmas promoting ISU gear on some web site and there were two hoodies next to each other. One looked almost pink and the other looked darker red. Next to each other, it looked like complete crap.

I agree, love the vintage colors on letter jackets and the Tailgate company brand.

I cringe when I walk through a retail store like Wal Mart and Kmart and see the variety of shades of red, etc. good to see gear out for the assets to buy, just wish the color was more uniform.