How long can WBB stay undefeated?

smitchix

Apr 17, 2006
I don't post here much guys, but this site is much more active for WBB and I am a huge fan of the Sisters.

Obviously the team can't do this (look ahead), but as fans, we can, and that's what boards like this are for.

Take a look at the WBB schedule...as noted in another thread, we play Baylor 2x late in the season, and our first OSU game is coming up in Hilton, where we can beat anyone. Just examine the next 10 games and tell me who is the favorite in each as things stand? (my opinion in parentheses):

vs. Okla State (ISU)
vs. West Virginia (ISU)
@ Kansas State (ISU)
vs. Oklahoma (ISU)
@ Texas Tech (ISU)
@ West Virginia (toss up/ISU)
vs. Kansas State (ISU)
vs. TCU (ISU)
@ Texas (toss up/ISU)
vs. Kansas (ISU)

Now, I do not believe it will likely happen because not everything breaks your way in the course of a basketball season...but I honestly believe there is an argument to be made that the Sisters could conceivably run out to a 24-0 record this year. In a worst case scenario, I would expect a 22-2 or 21-3 record - in a worst case scenario.

Am I looking at this unrealistically?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
sandlot-forever.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And, holy ****. You've been registered for almost 8 years and that was your first post?

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I don't post here much guys, but this site is much more active for WBB and I am a huge fan of the Sisters.

Obviously the team can't do this (look ahead), but as fans, we can, and that's what boards like this are for.

Take a look at the WBB schedule...as noted in another thread, we play Baylor 2x late in the season, and our first OSU game is coming up in Hilton, where we can beat anyone. Just examine the next 10 games and tell me who is the favorite in each as things stand? (my opinion in parentheses):

vs. Okla State (ISU)
vs. West Virginia (ISU)
@ Kansas State (ISU)
vs. Oklahoma (ISU)
@ Texas Tech (ISU)
vs. Kansas State (ISU)
vs. TCU (ISU)
@ Texas (toss up/ISU)
vs. Kansas (ISU)

Now, I do not believe it will likely happen because not everything breaks your way in the course of a basketball season...but I honestly believe there is an argument to be made that the Sisters could conceivably run out to a 24-0 record this year. In a worst case scenario, I would expect a 22-2 or 21-3 record - in a worst case scenario.

Based on what I have seen so far, more than 5 losses going into the NCAA tournament would be surprising and disappointing.

smitchix

Apr 17, 2006
Pretty disciplined, huh? I try to choose my words carefully!

Yeah that, or I am a stalker...:mask:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

vs. Okla State (ISU)
vs. West Virginia (ISU)
@ Kansas State (ISU)
vs. Oklahoma (ISU)
@ Texas Tech (ISU)
vs. Kansas State (ISU)
vs. TCU (ISU)
@ Texas (toss up/ISU)
vs. Kansas (ISU)

For a homer, you are looking at it fine. We can still play better basketball.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
These guys are way better than I forsaw coming into the year, and it is certainly possible for them to make it through that run. But that would be a heck of a run for anyone to make. And they sub so little, that I worry that they will exhaust themselves at some point. I guess I would expect 2 losses in that 10 game stretch and I'll be pleasantly surprise if we only lose once and ecstatic if we make it through unscathed.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
The team, especially Moody seemed tired. I thought she looked tired at OU too. Tonight was low energy, and the poor crowd didn't help. Our next two games will be the most telling about how this conference will go. OSU and WVU were our toughest match ups last year other than Baylor.

One thing is apparent, this team has not practiced much for teams that will switch all screens, do traps, pressing, etc. I look for both OSU and WV to do that and also switch 1-4 which means our dribble penetration needs to be solid pending.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
5 of the last 7 games will be extremely tough. If they are 11-0 when they hit that last 7 stretch it will be very interesting to say the least.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The team, especially Moody seemed tired. I thought she looked tired at OU too. Tonight was low energy, and the poor crowd didn't help. Our next two games will be the most telling about how this conference will go. OSU and WVU were our toughest match ups last year other than Baylor.

One thing is apparent, this team has not practiced much for teams that will switch all screens, do traps, pressing, etc. I look for both OSU and WV to do that and also switch 1-4 which means our dribble penetration needs to be solid pending.

Bill said in the post game that the team is tired and they pretty much didn't practice at all between the last two games. It sounds like you are right on both items.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Bill said in the post game that the team is tired and they pretty much didn't practice at all between the last two games. It sounds like you are right on both items.

I can see that they could be tired - 2 straight road games (especially OU).

stormchaser

May 15, 2008
Hopefully they catch their second wind and keep kicking butt. This is an unbeleivable ride!!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I cannot believe the OP did this to our team with his second post.

Last edited: