Auburn (Chizik) Bribed Players

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Look at what is going on at Texas right now. Women's track coach affair, Major Applewhite affair, Kabango (suspension this past year).... throw in the Longhorn coaches.. Cheese Wizz and now Mushmouth. Anyone else see a trend here. NCAA better take a serious look at the Longhorn programs. Death to Texas!!

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
Look at what is going on at Texas right now. Women's track coach affair, Major Applewhite affair, Kabango (suspension this past year).... throw in the Longhorn coaches.. Cheese Wizz and now Mushmouth. Anyone else see a trend here. NCAA better take a serious look at the Longhorn programs. Death to Texas!!

Don't you know the NCAA is owned by Texas!!! :yes:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The only thing that worries me is if he did this at Auburn, who's to say he didn't do it at Iowa State? Obviously we don't have the "Big football" culture of Auburn and its ready access to cash-heavy morally corrupt boosters, but it still worries me.

He would have to have the money to do that. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but that money comes from people who outside the program, willing to pony up the cash. We can't get a big enough donation for the SEZ, is anyone really showing up with enough money here to start paying players? And think back to when Chiz took over here. We weren't necessarily rolling in the dough at that time.

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
So if all this plays out and AU is stripped of its mythical national championship, does Harvey Updike get his verdict overturned and his case thrown out of court?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
So if all this plays out and AU is stripped of its mythical national championship, does Harvey Updike get his verdict overturned and his case thrown out of court?

why would that matter?

EDIT... wait, you were joking. Never mind.

Apr 19, 2006
Guys, nothing will come of this. Scam Newton's dad admitted to taking money...ADMITTED, and Scam got away free.

ISU makes after hours phone calls and gets two years probation, while Auburn dishes out money to players and gets yelled at.

This! Newtons dad admits to taking money and still nothing happens to Auburn. It just doesn't get any easier then that and the only punishment Auburn gets is that ol' Cecil can't attend the BCS game or the Heisman ceremonies. What a joke!

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
Look at what is going on at Texas right now. Women's track coach affair, Major Applewhite affair, Kabango (suspension this past year).... throw in the Longhorn coaches.. Cheese Wizz and now Mushmouth. Anyone else see a trend here. NCAA better take a serious look at the Longhorn programs. Death and Taxes!!

FIFY. SOP for the NCAA

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Guys, nothing will come of this. Scam Newton's dad admitted to taking money...ADMITTED, and Scam got away free.

ISU makes after hours phone calls and gets two years probation, while Auburn dishes out money to players and gets yelled at.

This! Newtons dad admits to taking money and still nothing happens to Auburn. It just doesn't get any easier then that and the only punishment Auburn gets is that ol' Cecil can't attend the BCS game or the Heisman ceremonies. What a joke!

I don't think you guys are correct here. Cecil Newton admitted to discussing under the table money with Mississippi State, but has never admitted that any money changed hands. In fact, he insists that it didn't. Now I don't believe that for a second, but as a point of fact, he never admitted to taking money, and no payments have ever been proven to have taken place.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I don't think you guys are correct here. Cecil Newton admitted to discussing under the table money with Mississippi State, but has never admitted that any money changed hands. In fact, he insists that it didn't. Now I don't believe that for a second, but as a point of fact, he never admitted to taking money, and no payments have ever been proven to have taken place.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing anything where he straight up admitted taking money.

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
The company I work for is headquartered in Atlanta , in the heart of SEC country. the story I get is that the money did not change hands. But the donations to the church where Cam Newton's father is the minister went up significantly during his recruiting process. I was told the church looked a lot nicer after his recruitment than before.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Gene Cheesedick = not surprised by any of this, which is why he did not like Iowa State cause Pollard would not allow him to get away with this crap. The NCAA needs to grow a pair and make examples out of these programs or they lose all cred. **** Auburn, Chizik, and the NCAA.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron