***Official Oklahoma vs ISU Game Thead***

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Now if the girls can play the game of heir lives, and come up with the huge upset. Will be interesting to see Bill's game plan. Too bad OSU had to wake up the sleeping giant. Now KM has what she needs to get her team to come out and play.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Thanks for score updates. Lost satellite at the start of second half (darn snow).

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I really think we could give Baylor fits if we are hitting shots.. what it comes down to is if we can get Griner out of the paint.. slow the game up and hope we can contain sims and griner on D

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Too bad OSU had to wake up the sleeping giant. Now KM has what she needs to get her team to come out and play.
Good point, I would be surprised if Baylor is as complacent as I saw them play in the second half of that game, a ton of turnovers. I just think we have a chance, but we also have a chance to make something of the NCAA this year. Whatever happens tomorrow, this team is outstanding. I hope we get some good press in the NCAA and attract some good bigs. We are looking guard heavy in the future.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Thanks Fox north for carrying this game. I was very happy to be able to see the game.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
How is it possible that this Cyclone team isn't rated?

The women are rated in the coaches poll at #22, and have been for most of the conference season. They got knocked to 26th this week in the AP poll after the loss at TCU. Since all the other teams that have been making up 2nd through 7th place in the Big 12 kept beating each other up, it kind of makes sense that we'd all get bumped down the polls bit by bit. No one aside from Baylor strung enough wins together to earn staying in the rankings the entire way. We should definitely move up in the new polls and reappear in the AP, regardless of the outcome of the title game tomorrow night.

Did people catch the Bowlsby interview during the broadcast? He was talking about how great it was to have the tournament in Dallas and how many all-session tickets people had bought (announced as 5000). Total spin and I didn't buy how thrilled he was with having it there. There were not many people left in that arena by the 2nd half of our game. The Baylor fans mostly left by our halftime, if not long before. Most of them support only their team and have no interest in anyone else's games. The Oklahoma and Iowa State fans looked to be there for pretty much everything I saw on tv today and yesterday. THAT's who your true fans are in this league, not the Texas schools.

Anyhoo, fantastic game to watch and I hope they can come out with that much energy tomorrow night. Even if there's not a win, I hope it's competitive like the game was today when OSU played "(sucks to) BU." Anna played out of her mind and everyone else did exactly what was needed. It was a great team effort that resulted in a three game sweep of the Sooners. You don't get to say that very often!

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Beauty of a game by Anna in every aspect!! So much fun to watch when it's going like that for her. Good for her! And the team too. Nice assists to get her the ball to score by both Brynn and Nikki.

One the best parts? She outscored Griner on the day. Let's see if that will help ISU get any national attention. Seems like the Big 12 tourney has been largely ignored outside of FSN assuming nothing would be of interest on the way to a title for Baylor.

Incredible accomplishment by Nikki to surpass the single season assist record! Some very sweet passes by her today.

Great game by all!