jordan decommits

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
If I recall right, when he originally committed it was reported that he was likely going to be the only QB prospect in this class. Obviously that wasn't the case with the addition of Tiller. My assumption is that this probably played a role in Jordan's decision.

AlanAldaClone

Apr 17, 2006
If I recall right, when he originally committed it was reported that he was likely going to be the only QB prospect in this class. Obviously that wasn't the case with the addition of Tiller. My assumption is that this probably played a role in Jordan's decision.

Chizik has said all along he wanted two QBs in this class. He promised Tiller he wouldn't be recruiting any more QBs. That was with Jordan in the fold already.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Actually it was reported that Jordan was told he would be the only QB recruit in this class. That led everyone to assume Tiller is going to play something other than QB.

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
I talked to a football player last nite, somehow Josh Jordan came up. He knew him and I told him he decommitted so he called Jordan up and he actually did not decommit. Chizik pulled his offer because he took a visit to East Carolina.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like we need to find a qb to make it two. That would make sense. One a year does not cut it. Too many do not pan out. Just ask Nebraska.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Again...this has already been stated. ISU is extending offers with the expectation that the student athlete will not make any other official visits.

Ferentz does the same thing at Iowa.

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
Well there would seem to be a doublestandard then as Leonard Johnson is taking some visits. I think its kinda cool how the current players become friends with potential recruits, in this case Cameron Bell. I also know that JJ Bass is friends with little Cromartie who I think is going to Wisky.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
it sounds as though our staff takes the approach of telling a kid that commits that they do not want them to take any other visits. Apparently, this kid decided that he wanted to take some other visits (East Carolina and maybe UVa) and that we probably rescinded our offer. Read the article for yourself.

i remember hearing the same thing about d.j. marshall when he visited kansas after verballing to us-the staff basically said not to go, and he kinda took offense to it.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Well there would seem to be a doublestandard then as Leonard Johnson is taking some visits. I think its kinda cool how the current players become friends with potential recruits, in this case Cameron Bell. I also know that JJ Bass is friends with little Cromartie who I think is going to Wisky.

Perhaps LJ is going to be next then. Hope not.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Or the 7 stages of Grief. Our star average is now back to 2.22. Sounds like a Dan class after all. 20 days to finmd out if the stars go up. And do not tell me stars mean nothing. It does mean something. Otherwise USC would not be taking so many 5 stars. Heart means most, but natural talent does help. Right now, another big rush end is needed. The Big 12 is a passing league and you might as well pressure the qb.

Tyler Lorenzen was a 1 star or 0 star kid out of high school. He goes to Juco and becomes a 4 or 5 star guy. Yeah, generally the more stars the better, but they are just a guideline, and really have nothing to do with how good or bad a guy will be once he gets where he's going. You can't tell me Kansas or Missouri had top 25 classes in the last few years, but they were both in contention for a national championship.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
i remember hearing the same thing about d.j. marshall when he visited kansas after verballing to us-the staff basically said not to go, and he kinda took offense to it.
I think I would take some offense to that too. If I was a good player who knew I could get other offers I would be weary of committing much prior to signing day with that kind of a deal.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I believe the coaches have a problem if the players go on visits that werent already scheduled. Ive heard that Iowa's coaches dont mind if it was scheduled before they committed, but if they schedule after they commit, thats when they have a problem.

Josh has been committed to us for a while, so I believe thats the deal.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Did anyone else notice that the offensive coordinator at ECU is Todd Fitch?

Nov 22, 2006
Tyler Lorenzen was a 1 star or 0 star kid out of high school. He goes to Juco and becomes a 4 or 5 star guy. Yeah, generally the more stars the better, but they are just a guideline, and really have nothing to do with how good or bad a guy will be once he gets where he's going. You can't tell me Kansas or Missouri had top 25 classes in the last few years, but they were both in contention for a national championship.

Tyler Lorenzen a 4 or 5 star? I would say he was still a 2 star, maybe a 3

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yes, Fitch passed up the chance to remain at ISU as the QB coach to be the OC at ECU. Was the previous staff looking at Jordan?

Could be nothing but a coincidence.

Regardless, IMO, there is a little more to this situation seeing Jordan is going to ECU after "decommitting" here.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Wow. Didn't know we had an All American at quarterback for ISU. And to think he couldn't even make All Big XII.

He was a 3rd-team freshman All-American.

I don't think Fitch was the coach during that All-America year though.

:dull:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron