***Official What Bowl Are We Going To Thread***

cyworship

Jan 10, 2009
Omaha, NE
Let's just hope that Jamie is pulling strings and pointing to the HoD bowl officials that Baylor fans show up and we can jump them for that spot.

For those thinking the Texas Bowls will pick Texas teams: Attendance at the Tech/Baylor game in Dallas at Cowboys stadium on the 24th was 44,000 for a stadium that seats 85,000.

In Tech's double overtime win at home against Kansas their attendance was noticeably down. That was their only win in their last 5 games.

Baylor's attendance for their last three games was 39,000, 38,000, and 39,000.

I don't see any reason Houston or Dallas would pick either of them over us. We have demonstrated we bring people, sell tickets, and stay in the city/spend money.

Baylor has finished strong which helps them. But their attendance this year is not supportive of being chosen ahead of us. Tech is on a slide. I like our chances of being picked ahead of them as well.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
NIU is getting an undeserved BCS bid forcing out OU. This moves everyone in the Big12 down a spot so we have no idea where we are going. We may end up in a non Big 12 bowl.

I"m still not convinced of this until I see the 4 middle computer rankings for NIU. I haven't seen it anywhere, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. The one I can find has them at just #32, of course that could be the high one thrown out.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Remember when a 6-6 Iowa State team jumped two spots to send a 8-4 Missouri team to Houston to get beat by Navy? It is all about what team these bowls want...my bet is that a skidding 7-5 Tech team is looking for another tie-in outside the conference.
To me, ISU could end up playing in Dallas and I would still be disgusted that NIU is in a BCS game and not OU (or Clemson).

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
hearing this news must be just what it's like to be informed that you have gonorrhea.

"congrats, you'll be going to shreveport. here's your penicillin"

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
To me, ISU could end up playing in Dallas and I would still be disgusted that NIU is in a BCS game and not OU (or Clemson).
Agreed. My frustration is with this poor system. No relation to impact to ISU or Big12.

The difference in bowl that ISU goes to at this point, as a whole, is not huge.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I hope we at least get the Liberty Bowl in Memphis? NOBODY will go to Shreveport again. We might as well refuse the bowl invite if it's Shreveport IMO.

But, we will get what we deserve I guess. When you're 6-6, you made your own bed and now you have to lie in it. We had a lot of chances to be 7-5 and couldn't do it.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
If the Big 10 champ and the Big east champ were ahead of NIU, NIU would not get an auto-bid even if they were in the top 16. So you can definitely blame the average conference champions...

Then the rule should be changed so that the Big East or Big 10 lose their spot for the at large, not a top 10 OU team that actually won their games. Crazy because the Big12 is set up to make it even harder to get through the conference slate and OU still ended up with just one conference loss. That is more deserving than Wisconsin or Louisville.

Help Support Us

Become a patron