Tail Gate Recipes

CDUBMOM

Sep 17, 2009
Clarinda, Iowa
OK, I am Chris Williams' mom and am surprising him by this post (I never post). He once mentioned he would like a thread on Cyclone fans' favorite tail gating recipes. Since the Williams and the Andersons love to tail gate, I can't wait to see what we come up with!!!:yes:

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
I'll bite........

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip

Chicken Breasts (3 or 4)
Franks Buffalo Sauce (1Bottle)
Hidden Valley Ranch (1 Bottle)
Philly Cream Cheese (1 8oz Rectangle)
Shredded Cheese (1 8oz Bag)
Tostitos (couple bags, scoops work best)

Boil the chicken until cooked thoroughly. Shred the chicken into small pieces and place in the crock pot. Empty the Buffalo sauce bottle in with the chicken.

In a separate pot add the cream cheese and ranch. Simmer stirring regularly until smooth. Pour the mixture in the crock pot with the chicken and Buffalo sauce. Mix well. Use the cheese to top the dip and set the crock pot to low. Once the cheese has melted stir it all up and devour.

Side Note: use Philly and Hidden Valley - consistency gets off with generics

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Ha, this is pretty sweet!

I don't have any recipes but I will share my favorite things to have at a tailgate

Breakfast: breakfast burritos or sausage egg casserole
Lunch/Dinner: pulled pork or anything BBQ, chili, a cheese hasbrown casserole with corn flakes on top

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
We have a recipe that my wife and I just call "The Corn Dip"

2 cans Green Giant Mexi-corn
1 can black beans
1 can diced jalapenos
1 can ro-tel
chopped green onion
add equal parts mayonaise and sour cream to desired consistency

Make sure you drain all the canned stuff well, but otherwise it's basically idiot proof and very tasty. If you forget ingredients it probably doesn't matter, we've added a few things from the original recipe someone gave us so you can mess around with it.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
i could seriously eat the entire pot worth of that dip i put up, its so freakin good

Yea, we actually make that one all the time too. It doesn't travel the best though, so be wary if you aren't going to have power for your crock pot on site.

taylortomtt

Oct 26, 2010
Waterloo
1-30 pack Busch Light
1-cooler
1-20# bag of ice

Place cans of Busch light in cooler, pour ice on top of cans, gently shake ice to help settle. Wait 10 minutes for beer to cool, then distribute.

Reactions: CEO and Cybeliever

CDUBMOM

Sep 17, 2009
Clarinda, Iowa
Some good recipes. LIke the idea of a cookbook and will run that by Chris! One of our favorite that gets eaten real fast is simple: dry roasted peanuts and candy corn! Something about the sweet and the salty together.
We are cooking the usual hamburgers and Chris' favorite brauts. Ashley (Chris's lovely wife) loves her sweets so I'm sure she'll have cookies or bars and when I find out what I'll post.
Guys - get the recipes going from your wife!!!

Hiltonmagk

Apr 11, 2006
Fort Madison, IA
Maple Bacon Jalapenos
1lb Bacon
24 Jalapenos
Brown Sugar
8oz Cream Cheese

Place bacon on a sheet pan and layer generously with brown sugar. Bake at 300 until the bacon cooked through. Chill the bacon until game day. Cut the jalapenos in half take the seeds out and fill them with cream cheese. Chill them until game day. Grill them on game day and add as much “pig candy” as you deem appropriate. Hide as many as possible so that your guests don’t eat them all before you have a chance to have some too.

Usually I make the bacon, roast the jalapenos, chop both together, mix with the cream cheese, and stuff the mixture in wonton wrappers and deep fry them. So if you’ve brought the turkey fryer then I’d go that route but both ways are awesome.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
4 links hot Italian sausage
package of Bernase cheese sauce mix
2 packs of bacon
20-25 large Jalapenos

Cut open and brown the sausages (like hamburger). Add the Bernase cheese sauce and let simmer to a nice gew. Cut the tops off and hallow out Jalapenos. Stuff with sausage and wrap in a slice of bacon. Grill until bacon is cooked.

Last edited:

SwirlingFloater

Dec 19, 2008
West Des Moines
Pickle Wraps
1 jar Claussen’s Mini Dill Pickles
2 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 package of Knorr Vegetable soup mix
2 packages of Hormel Dried Beef

Mix soup mix with cream cheese (room temperature), spread on a slice of dried beef, then roll it around a yummy pickle, might need to slice pickle in half if too thick.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I found this years ago on a Texas site and they called them like Bevo Breakfast Burgers or something. All I know is they are good! IngredientsPatties: * 2 pounds ground beef * 1 cup of your buddies' favorite beer * Maple syrup * 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram leaves * 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary leaves * 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves * Garlic salt * Fresh ground pepper * 4 eggs * 8 pieces bacon * 4 croissants * 4 slices sharp cheddar
Salsa: * 1 cup apple cider vinegar * 4 serrano peppers, diced * 1/4 onion, diced * 4 tomatillos, diced * 4 kiwis, diced * Couple sprigs cilantro, leaves choppedDirectionsCombine all ingredients for patties in a large mixing bowl and form into 4 patties.Fire up the grill! Take a swig out of your beer. Put patties on grill. Cook to desired doneness.Prepare 4 eggs over easy in pan on grill. Place bacon on grill.Mix all ingredients for salsa in bowl.Place croissants on grill and put cheese on the patties.Put each patty on a croissant, place egg on top, then bacon, then top with as much salsa as you like.Premake ingredients at home and put in a cooler; only takes a few minutes to grill at the ballpark or stadium.Enjoy with cold beer.Then finish painting letter on your chest and enjoy the game.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
My parents make cheeseburger soup. I don't know the recipe, but that is some good stuff.