Des Moines Craft Brew

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Went last year as well. Got to be careful and pace yourself. Craft beers sneak up on you.

Yeah I know. I dropped the shot glass on the ground on the way out, it broke, went to pick it up, and nearly lost a finger.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
Everyone needs to try some Backpocket Beer. That's my father in law's brewery that originated in McGregor, IA and has just opened a new production facility in Coralville. They are all good, especially the Dunkel.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm not going, but I would recommend the DSM folks to drink anything you can't regularly get there.

I'm a bit of a Toppling Goliath fan boy (Mug Club member and go there at a minimum of once a week), but it really is great beer.

We're lucky to have a lot of good beer made right in Iowa, so get out and enjoy it.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Everyone needs to try some Backpocket Beer. That's my father in law's brewery that originated in McGregor, IA and has just opened a new production facility in Coralville. They are all good, especially the Dunkel.

I will second this. I stayed at the Marriot in Coralville on Wednesday night and the hotel bar had Backpocket Dunkel on tap and that is some TASTY beer. It was cool that they had it on tap since the new location was literally across the drive from them.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'd recommend a stop by Twisted Vine's stand as well. I love their farmhouse/saison type beers.

The tasting room/Madison County Winery is a fun trip.

tomocyclone

Feb 6, 2012
Anyone going stop by the Twisted Vine Brewery's stand. All of us are ISU alums and would look forward in meeting Cyclone Fan's over some beer!

Good Clones runnin Twisted Vine? I'll be by right away. Also might have some questions about starting up the brewery. Guessing you'll all be very busy, so maybe we'll have to stop by el bait shop some other time and I'll buy the first round.

isu664

Jun 20, 2007
Good Clones runnin Twisted Vine? I'll be by right away. Also might have some questions about starting up the brewery. Guessing you'll all be very busy, so maybe we'll have to stop by el bait shop some other time and I'll buy the first round.

Glad to meet you on Saturday and we should be down at ElBait Shop on Thursday for the Jimmy Carter Happy Hour.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
^ Have tried their West Coast IPA & Hop Head Red, both awesome. I've been wanting to get a taste of their Palette Wrecker Imperial IPA, but it was out at the Bait Shop last time I went.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Agreed. Visited their brewery a couple months back. Great stuff! Their breakfast stout is one of my favorite beers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron